Has Fletcher got Brent over a barrel? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Has Fletcher got Brent over a barrel?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Attendances will decide when the axe falls regardless of whether it rains or shines tomorrow.At the moment they are holding up extremely well and good numbers are expected at the Fan Fests and in the Corporate sector.Until these plummet I cant see any changes at all.Plus it will give Fletch more chance to turn things around as the last home game started to show.

Feb 21, 2011
Perhaps he's just playing quote bingo, him.and JB get together decide the plan of answer at prss gathering then sit down in front of pasoti and watch you lot dissect, speculate and pontificate, I wish the mods would just merge all anti fletch/I think it'll be attendances/no tactical awareness/my god he has a family comments so I could go back to.speculating on team selection and the game coming up.

Jul 29, 2010
Fan fests and corporate gigs are no judge of the fanbase mood though, the 'free' lunchers, corporate smoozers and beardy scarfers are too polite, too in with the 'in crowd' to a) rock the boat by giving both barrells or b) risk losing their place at the table by staying away.

I am convinced that if the Mayflower were still in existence Fletch and James Brent would have long since got the message and couldn't fail to be awake and smelling coffee.

Trouble is the POTD salt of the earth 'Denz from Swilly' type was squeezed out when the Mayflower went and the neuveax verde don't really want him back.

I've sat up in the grandstand before now, I know there are loud voices up there when needs must, I think they may be needed to express the view of 'the average Joe janner' that right now either by design or quirk of fate simply isn't getting though.

Maybe the reason for the delusion coming from Home Park media and manager soundbites is down to the fact all they hear is sycophancy. Might explain a few things actually.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Graham Evans":3sj0hk36 said:
Fletcher will not get sacked , he is far too cheap.

I'd suggest otherwise. His management deal was negotiated out of his player wage, which was agreed in the Championship. I think you understand that managers in League 2 get paid substantially less than Championship centre midfielders. Fletch's wage will be somewhere in between, making him possibly the highest earning manager in the division.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
ejh":32lr6xqb said:
Graham Evans":32lr6xqb said:

I'd suggest otherwise. His management deal was negotiated out of his player wage, which was agreed in the Championship. I think you understand that managers in League 2 get paid substantially less than Championship centre midfielders. Fletch's wage will be somewhere in between, making him possibly the highest earning manager in the division.
I'd have to agree. Makes perfect sense.

Feb 21, 2011
Babararacucudada":1r0er209 said:
Having read this thread I can only deduce that Fletcher is still in a job because he is very cheap and because sacking him would be too expensive.

Confusing, isn't it!

Agree, having read this thread I have deduced that there are a few people who like to post as fact things they know nothing about, I imagine there are less than 10 people who actually know what Fletch is earning.

Dec 7, 2006
Yet another tedious pre-match email from the club/ Fletcher in my inbox this morning regurgitating the rubbish he's been spouting to the Press this week- oh, and another 4 references to 'the lads'. :banghead:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":1rp6494f said:
ejh":1rp6494f said:
Graham Evans":1rp6494f said:

I'd have to agree. Makes perfect sense.

Wasn't it mentioned that Fletch took a pay-cut to extend his deal during admin? I know Walton agreed to be paid what he was due over two years rather than one and I could have sworn Fletch agreed to a lower wage to stick with us as well when he tapped into the contract extension clause in his deal at the time.

His original management deal would probably have been agreed based on his playing wages but over the summer he signed the rolling contract handed to him by the club, if i remember correctly Fletch took a while to agree to the terms offered to him, so maybe those terms included another pay cut.

I'm not saying any of this is fact just thought I'd offer a few considerations to the discussion :thumbs:

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
Mr Smith":2wo7f5c5 said:
Cerbera":2wo7f5c5 said:
But JB has publicly come out and said he fully supports CF, most notably after the débacle at Dorchester. Either JB is playing a very canny game of give him enough rope.......or CF believes he is totally bomb proof.

Most likely it's neither of those things and JB does actually support the manager.

JB will have his own targets and objectives for CF, he'll also privately have a cut off point and will pull the trigger when that is hit, not when pasoti says so.

Quite rightly too.

Wow - don't let reality get I the way of these Pasoti facts!!!
Great post

E

exmouthgrecian

ejh":35hn4nsk said:
Graham Evans":35hn4nsk said:

Well if it helps you Tisdale is reported to be on £150,000 up at City and we dont pay wonderfully well so I guees that Fletcher must be on £250,000 considering his Championship wages before. Take in the rest of his team makes sacking an expensive job for a man who wants to spend as little as possible

B

bandwagon

exmouthgrecian":1zy55zcs said:
ejh":1zy55zcs said:
Graham Evans":1zy55zcs said:

Well if it helps you Tisdale is reported to be on £150,000 up at City and we dont pay wonderfully well so I guees that Fletcher must be on £250,000 considering his Championship wages before. Take in the rest of his team makes sacking an expensive job for a man who wants to spend as little as possible

My heart sank when I read this - can't be anywhere near true surely!!