Hartlepool United Update | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hartlepool United Update

Voice_of_Reason":31no1vkx said:
Yet an agent - yes an agent - can earn £15 million from the transfer of Sanchez from Arsenal to Man Utd, yet stony silence from the FA. Thats is money that is being directly taken out of the game never to return.
That said i run a business and its my responsibility to run it in accordance of sustainability and within the taxation laws of the UK so the people in charge have to take the blame, its such a shame that the ones that will really feel it are the local community and life long supporters if the worst happens.

I was thinking along similar lines. I think you can blame the FA for allowing a structure where players and agents extract such skill sums from the game, with no benefit throughout the pyramid. How hard would it be to create a ruling where X per cent of such monies should benefit lower levels. However as far as club management is concerned you can hardly blame the FA for not being able to oversee the day to day financial management of every club. At best they can only lay down the ground rules.

Apr 22, 2011
West Yorkshire
Perhaps Premiership Clubs should have to pay an annual levy into a support fund to aid clubs who find themselves in difficulty? The onus wouldn't then be on just the local fans, and other members of concerned fan based community, to stump up their hard earned cash to bail out the mistakes of poor club management!

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Nice idea but why should they save them?

If Burger King struggled through bad management should McDonalds bail them out?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Saving the club not rewarding the failure. Fans didn't choose to allow the board to mismanage the club.

Hopefully something can be done to help them and their previous owners banned from managing a club again.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
morebeer56":knit3pvk said:
Perhaps Premiership Clubs should have to pay an annual levy into a support fund to aid clubs who find themselves in difficulty? The onus wouldn't then be on just the local fans, and other members of concerned fan based community, to stump up their hard earned cash to bail out the mistakes of poor club management!
The more money you give clubs, the more they'll spend. Hartlepool have been like a sieve for years. This wouldn't solve anything