Hartlepool United Update | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hartlepool United Update

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
At least one Argyle representative.
My mate who is a Poolsl fan mentioned he had even met someone from Plymouth!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
It's really sad news that another football club is on its knees. It seems like a knock on effect of the bigger clubs sucking the life out of the rest. Our position was different, we had people running it in to the ground but it seems others are suffering because of the boys on the top table. Maybe one day when there are only a handful of clubs remaining we will see some level footing but until then we will only ever see these stories becoming more widespread.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
What a shame sky or the BBC don't have the guts to ask premier league managers and players about the plight of some small clubs. Seems astonishing that a month of Alexis Sanchez wages would probably clear pool's debt. Yet the media are happy to assume life ends at 20th of the top division.
The FA have stood aside and let the premier league destroy football with greed.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
That is really not good news.

If someone willing to save the club pulls out as they cannot workout how much is needed it says that their finances are in a dire condition, possibly, even worse than ours were.

Oct 31, 2015
Voice_of_Reason":1uoq61fb said:
What a shame sky or the BBC don't have the guts to ask premier league managers and players about the plight of some small clubs. Seems astonishing that a month of Alexis Sanchez wages would probably clear pool's debt. Yet the media are happy to assume life ends at 20th of the top division.

This is absolutely spot on. It makes me quite angry to think what the fa think of small clubs.

Premiership has induced greed through football

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
rsp4":2cf59vc3 said:
Voice_of_Reason":2cf59vc3 said:

This is absolutely spot on. It makes me quite angry to think what the fa think of small clubs.

Premiership has induced greed through football

Colin Murray used to be brilliant on Talksport for talking about the plight of lower league teams, not really sure who the main supporter is now in the media, I'd guess Jeff Stelling?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
As ever, football reflects society as the rich get richer and the less fortunate are left to rot.

We know the FA care very little about the smaller clubs and are in thrall to the Premier League, from the B team proposals.

I guess they didn’t get the memo that trickle down economics doesn’t work.

It’s staggering that the potential rescuer mentioned in the local newspaper article had to pull out because nobody could work out the extent of Pools’ indebtedness. That requires mis-management of a very high order, and thank god we never got to that state. Desperately sorry for supporters, as liquidation may be the only solution to the mess.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
We hovered on the brink until James Brent came along. This is why I struggle to understand why there are still ‘supporters’ who want him out.

I wish that someone could come on here and explain.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
davie nine":3k5fcnr7 said:
We hovered on the brink until James Brent came along. This is why I struggle to understand why there are still ‘supporters’ who want him out.

I wish that someone could come on here and explain.

Not only that, but then stabilises and improves the club financially, oversees promotion and now finally delivering on the grandstand.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

May 16, 2016
A days pay donation from all the top players in the higher reaches of the Leagues would go quite some way.

I wont hold my breath.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Yet an agent - yes an agent - can earn £15 million from the transfer of Sanchez from Arsenal to Man Utd, yet stony silence from the FA. Thats is money that is being directly taken out of the game never to return.
That said i run a business and its my responsibility to run it in accordance of sustainability and within the taxation laws of the UK so the people in charge have to take the blame, its such a shame that the ones that will really feel it are the local community and life long supporters if the worst happens.