Grecians promoted | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grecians promoted

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I’m sorry LG. I don’t like any of those three clubs. I will still go home and away - just would prefer not to. Ok with you ?
of course because guess what?
ITS OPTIONAL

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
So if we play Exeter next season, a mad panic to get the 250 or so tickets in their new garden shed…..

Reactions: Lousy Pint and IJN

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
We average double, almost triple Exeter's attendances, both home and away. Therefore that is like suggesting Man Utd aren't that much bigger than Norwich. I'm not even one of those people obsessed with club size etc, Exeter have been promoted to and therefore deserve to be at League 1 level, but to suggest we're not that much bigger than them simply isn't true, we're a lot bigger.

I like to think we're far more similar to clubs like Bristol City and Cardiff than we are to Exeter.
Looking at recent attendances in this season's run in, Argyle are around 7,000 per game ahead of Exeter City...... that's the same difference that there is between Everton and Wolves.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Here's hoping the grecians surprise a lot of you and get at least mid table next season

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Looking at recent attendances in this season's run in, Argyle are around 7,000 per game ahead of Exeter City...... that's the same difference that there is between Everton and Wolves.
A poor comparison. It is not the same difference as Everton's attendances are not more than double those of Norwich.
Furthermore TV money doesn't provide the greatest part of a club's income in the lower leagues.
Having said that the relative size of the two clubs is probably similar to the relative difference in size between Argyle and Exeter.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A poor comparison. It is not the same difference as Everton's attendances are not more than double those of Norwich.
Furthermore TV money doesn't provide the greatest part of a club's income in the lower leagues.
Having said that the relative size of the two clubs is probably similar to the relative difference in size between Argyle and Exeter.
It's just what Paul does John. He likes people to discuss the "EPL".

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Why do you as an Argyle supporter hope that? :unsure:
Because for a very long time now I have grown up and realise that in the grand scheme of things they are no threat to us and its a poor excuse of a "rivalry".
Hoping that the Devon teams do well is no bad thing, wouldn't it be nice if we had them and Torquay in the same league as us?
And more over, its my right to say that and think that too ;)

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I know for others the Exeter thing is a big thing, but rationally anyone who chooses to support their local club through thick and thin is ok for me. Exeter will have its rugby followers and its fair share on Man Utd and Liverpool fans who think that following football is a few pints watching Sky in the pub with a big mouth full of opinion. It’s those ones that wind me up. We have a derby game to look forward to and well done to them for keeping a competitive and sustainable club despite being a small fish in the pond.

When I moved down here in 1983 Exeter had just been promoted to tier 3, and I took my youngsters along for our first visit to HP for the derby, expecting an exciting match. Never been so disappointed in my life as neither set of fans seemed all that bothered! Although it’s become more of an event since, with both clubs having spent more time in the same division, it still seems a pretty tame affair compared to the derbies I was used to in the sarf east.

I guess what might change that is if we both find ourselves competing in the top quarter of the table, which I think is quite possible, given they are a young and constantly improving team.

Reactions: Lancastergreen
May 8, 2011
But in terms of the population of Plymouth and Exeter their support is at least equal to Argyle and based on their crowd last Tuesday better. 7,000 out of a population of 100,000 equates to Argyle having a crowd of 17,500.