Grant, Edwards or Randell v Ipswich? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grant, Edwards or Randell v Ipswich?

Who should replace Houghton v Ipswich?

• Randell

Votes: 95 49.7%
  • Edwards

Votes: 55 28.8%
  • Grant

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters
Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
It’s a home game, on the front foot. Use Edwards’ experience in the middle, Garrick RWB. Seems a simple solution with little disruption to the team and using players who are ‘match fit’, but then I’m not a football manager.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I think it will be Edwards with Garrick replacing him as Garrick may well have been playing RWB anyway, so doubt Lowe would leave Edwards on the bench in this circumstance, but Gillesphey could do a good job there imo.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I think Rabdell's performances when playing against Newport and Swindon have sent his career backwards. Probably needs to go on loan again to get regular first team football. Same with Law and Shirley. Guess all 3 will go on loan in the next window.

Oct 31, 2015
For me Grant goes there and Garrick comes in at LWB. I would have said Randell at the beginning of the season but his cameo's really haven't been good. Even Law starting at LWB is an option if Connor is used as the holding midfielder.

Big loss in my opinion

Thought Connor Grant was poor yesterday and I have NOT seen enough of Randell.

Mayor CAN be too much of a weak-link in that position, Edwards COULD be a big loss in that position.

So WHO do we decide on ?

Camara is wasted in that position, so there is NOT much choice.

Ah maybe, Jephcott ?

Jan 21, 2007
I'd like to say Randell ... homegrown n all that ... but I've not seen enough of him. RL talks him up, but he never plays when I'm around, so my vote is Edwards, and the solid 7 out of 10 that he brings in the DM position.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Edwards for me. We know he can play there. We know he’s cool as when under pressure. And he can play a captains role there marshalling others. Far too much of an ask for the young lad Randell I fear

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
For those at Morecambe yesterday it was evident that the role Houghton plays is pivotal.

Whoever fills the gap v Ipswich has to be able to read the game and identify and cover defensive gaps. They also have to be comfortable receiving the ball, at times under pressure, then look to.start our momentum going forward.

Ipswich are just getting going it seems, so, it's a big call for Lowe and his team.

Reactions: Greencat26
Aug 5, 2016
It is a fairytale story, Adam Randell coming in and playing a blinder. If he gets the nod we’ll all be behind him.
But it is Roy of the Rovers optimism.
If Randell isn’t trusted in a situation like this, he has to ask himself what is he doing here? Wouldn’t he be better off playing for Torquay?
Lowe has to be asking himself that question also.

Oct 31, 2015
I think he will keep it simple and play Broom there with Camara and Mayor either side.
Oh that's a great shout. Saying that RL said in his post match both Pans and Broomy were struggling but couldn't drop them both.

Your idea would give us all 3 in midfield that's for sure👍

Reactions: saxman

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It has to be Randell.

They have a week to gel it all together. A lot of criticism on here towards Randell but let’s not forget his age.

I’ve got a feeling he will play there and boss it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Randell's only league action since appearing as a 83rd minute sub back in August was as a 95th minute sub against Burton early in October where I don't think he touched the ball.

It will be a big ask to play him against Ipswich but could also be the making of him, although we all know Houghton will return for the next game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree that Randell’s performances have been disappointing in that role in the Pappa John games but there is a big difference in playing that role with several inexperienced youngsters in the team and playing it in a confident, successful team.
I would expect that RL will give Randell the opportunity to mix with the squad in training this week and decide if he is worth the risk against Ipswich.
Houghton is a hard act to follow and I think that there are other roles that Randell could excel in, including right wing back.