Grandstand Working Group. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Working Group.

Dec 3, 2005
nikkk":1iwsy9wp said:
Can the portacabin toilets be moved, perhaps behind the grandstand or something permanent be built elsewhere? Dumping them where they have seems ludicrous and totally spoils the ground floor look around that area, that up to now was looking so smart.

Can't believe they have been placed there - but apparently thats where they were planned to go.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
nikkk":2ob7iwvz said:
Can the portacabin toilets be moved, perhaps behind the grandstand or something permanent be built elsewhere? Dumping them where they have seems ludicrous and totally spoils the ground floor look around that area, that up to now was looking so smart.

They are on the approved plans - always intended to be there.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Argylegames":zcgww87w said:
nikkk":zcgww87w said:

They are on the approved plans - always intended to be there.

Well since they are only temporary portacabins and considering how they look in reality surely worth a re think.

Mar 18, 2014
should double-stack them so that the "in-crowd" in the members only "supporters" bar can't watch the match for nowt.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
nikkk":24nrumvo said:
Well since they are only temporary portacabins and considering how they look in reality surely worth a re think.

As IJN said, they are not temporary, just like the club shop isn't temporary.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Argylegames":1j7g01dh said:
nikkk":1j7g01dh said:

The Portacabin toilets being craned in that I saw pictures of, are certainly normally intended to be temporary, and i'm hoping that might remain to be the case !I

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
I echo the thoughts of 'Saturday Service' re the front row seats as am hoping to revert from Row B back to Row A where I was originally (need the leg room)!

Jul 8, 2016
Are there any plans for an electronic scoreboard? Perhaps fitted above the the green control room building by bobbys garden. Not wanting a great big jumbo screen monstrosity but something simple to display time, score / opponents and perhaps the half times scores and Birthday wishes to the Green Army! :scarf:

Mar 8, 2016
Argylegames":1v3tgp60 said:
nikkk":1v3tgp60 said:

Just looks temporary. Putting the sh1tters there is a terrible idea.

Feb 8, 2005
Ian,
Would you be kind enough to ask what will happen to those that had seats in the grandstand but will not be able to return to them because of the re-arranged seating. i.e. the Pioneers taking over some of the adjacent seating, preventing supporters from returning to their normal seats that they have sat in for many years.
Thank you.
Jim.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PL2 Pilgrim":2fdnkzik said:
Are there any plans for an electronic scoreboard? Perhaps fitted above the the green control room building by bobbys garden. Not wanting a great big jumbo screen monstrosity but something simple to display time, score / opponents and perhaps the half times scores and Birthday wishes to the Green Army! :scarf:

I know there is one but I can’t for the life of me remember it was said to be going. :oops:

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Army green":3i456y0q said:
Argylegames":3i456y0q said:
nikkk":3i456y0q said:

Just looks temporary. Putting the sh1tters there is a terrible idea.

Surely they won’t be there when the corners are filled in... :?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jimsing":2xupwqzw said:
Ian,
Would you be kind enough to ask what will happen to those that had seats in the grandstand but will not be able to return to them because of the re-arranged seating. i.e. the Pioneers taking over some of the adjacent seating, preventing supporters from returning to their normal seats that they have sat in for many years.
Thank you.
Jim.

I’ll certainly ask Jim.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Don't necessarily see the problem with the toilets being outside the GTs bar, it's more the positioning of them. The T-shape of the toilet block juts out right in front of what is a really smart GTs entrance.

In the plans it looks like a rectangular block running parallel to the bar, so is that T-shape actually the final position?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":uycdj8os said:
Don't necessarily see the problem with the toilets being outside the GTs bar, it's more the positioning of them. The T-shape of the toilet block juts out right in front of what is a really smart GTs entrance.

In the plans it looks like a rectangular block running parallel to the bar, so is that T-shape actually the final position?

By the rather obvious needs, more people are going to benefit from the toilets than the members bar so about time the many have been thought of.