Good luck Argyle (from a Bury fan) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good luck Argyle (from a Bury fan)

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
There were a few around me booing.

I think it was the frustration at not being able to win a game that some saw as easily winnable.

I believe everyone is used to booing when they're frustrated given the last few seasons, rather than booing because they're annoyed with the display.

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":1chcznph said:
I think most of us are very positive about him, but there’s a significant minority who seem to want him to fail. My main concern is our defence which is virtually all last seasons players, although hopefully Aimson is going to make a difference when fit. Up front, it’s a shame we couldn’t get Maynard and/or O’Shea to come down, as I think they had the lions share of your goals last season.

Telford looks a handful, although he unluckily pulled his hamstring a couple of weeks ago

I am not sh1tting you about the booing at the end of the Oldham game and it definitely wasn’t for the ref. Unbelievable, but true!

'Significant minority want him to fail'. I think that would be hc and Edmonds so 2!!!

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":s4t2uw0l said:
Devongreenowl":s4t2uw0l said:
I think most of us are very positive about him, but there’s a significant minority who seem to want him to fail. My main concern is our defence which is virtually all last seasons players, although hopefully Aimson is going to make a difference when fit. Up front, it’s a shame we couldn’t get Maynard and/or O’Shea to come down, as I think they had the lions share of your goals last season.

Telford looks a handful, although he unluckily pulled his hamstring a couple of weeks ago

I am not sh1tting you about the booing at the end of the Oldham game and it definitely wasn’t for the ref. Unbelievable, but true!

'Significant minority want him to fail'. I think that would be hc and Edmonds so 2!!!

Do I?
Why would I want Argyle to fail?
Just because I consider Adams to have been badly let down and poorly treated by some people at the Club and hasn’t been shown the due respect for all the good his hard work and skill has brought to the Club despite working under a lot of adversity and say so it doesn’t meet I want anyone to fail.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
davie nine":6xyzrsw4 said:
I didn’t hear much booing.
In fact, a high proportion of Lyndhurst fans stayed and applauded them. Perhaps, not quite as enthusiastically as previous home games.

There were people booing in the Lyndhurst for sure. You’re also right that lots stood and applauded Lowe and the team. I think it’s great the way he’s so proactive in going to the fans. He sticks his chin out almost daring people not to clap! Top man and feel confident he’s going to do well. Starting this weekend!!

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":25o6gw0y said:
Balham_Green":25o6gw0y said:
Devongreenowl":25o6gw0y said:

Do I?
Why would I want Argyle to fail?
Just because I consider Adams to have been badly let down and poorly treated by some people at the Club and hasn’t been shown the due respect for all the good his hard work and skill has brought to the Club despite working under a lot of adversity and say so it doesn’t meet I want anyone to fail.

Thats how it comes across. Can't wait to have a dig at Lowe.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I've watched Argyle for 54 years (seasons) now! :shock:
If you think that football on Saturday was 'booable' then you must have been watching us for 5.4 minutes tbh!
So, we didn't win, get over it! I was there for my first game after my op, let's just say that I met a couple of people in the Ward who follow Argyle but won't probably ever get to the ground again. So, I was v. happy to be there.

Argyle were not that bad, need a tweak or two? Yes.
Need a couple of players? Yes.
Need players to come back from injury? Yes.
Need some confidence in the new system? Yes.

Oldham were there for the taking? No.
Oldham are a poor side, we should have thrashed them? No.

I'm enjoying being there. So is Lowe, I believe. As soon as Mayor, Baxter and other (good) players fully kick in we will be a real force.

Our second goal was a great footballing team goal. :clap:

So, I'm happy! Doo doo doo do de doo ... Don't worry .... be happy!! :scarf:

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Well said Pogles, good to see you're on the mend.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":1ssg5vbc said:
Great perspective from Pogles and great to hear your health issues haven’t stopped you from going.

Thanks Owly (and Alan).
I know it is a cliché but nothing like a stay in a cancer ward (or any ward really) to give you a different view on things that were important, now not so: and things that you took for granted, now not so! :scarf:

Looking forward to the next game! :scarf:

COYGs!! :scarf: