Good luck Argyle (from a Bury fan) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good luck Argyle (from a Bury fan)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
tonsk":2f7p1cj7 said:
Try attending the fanfest before the game, you'll enjoy a great welcome there. I'm sure someone on here could sort you a ticket?

tonsk

I think that might be in hand Tonsk.

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
Steve Evans":2ys2id1b said:
i wish bury all the best mate.i went to your ground when dave smith was our manager.a good,solid "real" club.take care all bury fans

Cheers pal. I remember you coming up to Gigg first game of the season around 95 ish and smashing us 4 or 5-0. Chris Billy ran the show for your lot with Ade LittleJohn ripping us to shreds down the left wing

May 16, 2016
Matts 19":3i5irdap said:
Steve Evans":3i5irdap said:
i wish bury all the best mate.i went to your ground when dave smith was our manager.a good,solid "real" club.take care all bury fans

Cheers pal. I remember you coming up to Gigg first game of the season around 95 ish and smashing us 4 or 5-0. Chris Billy ran the show for your lot with Ade LittleJohn ripping us to shreds down the left wing

If I'm correct that was 5-0 and probably our first win that Season. Despite playing well, we had started the Season with a set of poor results. Warnock said that sooner or later we were going to thump someone and the next game duly went up and beat you guys as described. We ended the Season at Wembley and went up.

That was our first Season in the bottom League after the total collapse of the Shilton era. We've been on a bit of a journey since those days. Like you, we've been on the brink of disappearing, but have slowly dragged back to where we are now, not exactly flying high but at least the heart still beats.

Hope everything works out for Bury eventually. One thing I've learnt is never give up hope.

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone we met and spoke to on Saturday, especially Brian and Gary from the Green Taverners. Had a cracking time at the fanfest and was made to feel very welcome. Will definitely be doing a few more Argyle games before the season is over

Thought Argyle played ok in patches but moved the ball to slow and really needed to up the tempo. It was like watching Bury at the start of last season at times. Hopefully you will click just like we seemed to around November and kick on. One thing I can say is don't expect your style to change. Lowey persisted with playing the ball out from the back in every game he managed at Bury. Although it can be frustrating at times the end result was more than worth the wait

Thanks again for a great day :thumbup:

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Devongreenowl":sa3jfiyl said:
A very timely update from our friend from Bury. Some of the so called supporters who have already started giving Ryan Lowe a hard time, should take note

I'll drink to that! :scarf:

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
Devongreenowl":2fmb1ujs said:
A very timely update from our friend from Bury. Some of the so called supporters who have already started giving Ryan Lowe a hard time, should take note

A hard time after a handful of games and a unbeaten start at home? That is crazy if you ask me. It took Klopp well over 2 years to start getting any sort of progress at Liverpool. Not saying Lowe is like Klopp but when a new man comes in and is trying to completely change the style of play it takes a few transfer windows time and some patience.

A reminder that after 6 games last year at Bury we had won 1. We ended up the 3rd highest home goalscorers in the Country. Keep the faith

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Thanks for that Matts. Can I ask, was there an element of the Bury fans who were being negative at first or did they buy into what Lowe was trying to do from the start? I was shocked to hear booing at the end of the Oldham game, even knowing what a notoriously fickle lot some of the Argyle support are.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Devongreenowl":22ff6t31 said:
Thanks for that Matts. Can I ask, was there an element of the Bury fans who were being negative at first or did they buy into what Lowe was trying to do from the start? I was shocked to hear booing at the end of the Oldham game, even knowing what a notoriously fickle lot some of the Argyle support are.

You're 5hitting me right?

7th game of the season, play off place, unbeaten at home and the morons were booing?

Congratulations idiots, you've just sunk to a whole new depth.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Moaning Janners are a thing let's be honest. Our 'support' is embarrassing at times, and the same goes for people who constantly slag off the city of Plymouth itself, the council, anyone who tries to make something happen - and then moan on about how everything was better in the 70s, bring back the Royal Parade underpass, C&A was a great place to shop, although they also want to knock down the city centre and build another something else (what?) that they will then hate.....rant over!!

Matts 19

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 19, 2019
Devongreenowl":21dfg90f said:

When he was appointed permanently there was definitely some negativity from people. He has been appointment caretaker manager about 6 months before and didn't really change much, he only lasted 6 games. The majority was happy with the appointment though, after all he played over 160 games for Bury and had a couple of promotions as a player

We was not good for the first couple of months last season and some fans become impatient. Around mid to late October it was like somebody hit a switch and it started to gel. The football was fantastic to watch and everybody was then on bored with what he was trying to do

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I think most of us are very positive about him, but there’s a significant minority who seem to want him to fail. My main concern is our defence which is virtually all last seasons players, although hopefully Aimson is going to make a difference when fit. Up front, it’s a shame we couldn’t get Maynard and/or O’Shea to come down, as I think they had the lions share of your goals last season.

Telford looks a handful, although he unluckily pulled his hamstring a couple of weeks ago

I am not sh1tting you about the booing at the end of the Oldham game and it definitely wasn’t for the ref. Unbelievable, but true!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I didn’t hear much booing.
In fact, a high proportion of Lyndhurst fans stayed and applauded them. Perhaps, not quite as enthusiastically as previous home games.