Goalkeepers | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goalkeepers

Feb 21, 2011
We don't have one worthy of the name at the club, who coach's them, why don't they ever catch the ball ?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
You can't really blame a 'keeper for not saving penalties, they have to guess (educated guesses sometimes) where the ball's going to go and they have the disadvantage that a ball can travel faster than them, even worse from 12 yards. I think we have two good goalkeepers, there are other areas of our squad, however, that are weak. Very weak.

A

Alexander

A weak defence can increase the pressure on the keeper and it is a long time since we have had a strong defence.

Jul 6, 2005
Saving penalties is a bonus but it would be nice if either could just deal with a routine hopeful cross into our box!

It's one of the main reasons we drop so many points.

Jun 28, 2004
demportdave":nsevttwi said:
Saving penalties is a bonus but it would be nice if either could just deal with a routine hopeful cross into our box!

It's one of the main reasons we drop so many points.

Either catch it or get some distance on it with a decent punch. Don't just flap it out.

What we need is a goalkeeping coach.... oh hang on.....

Feb 21, 2011
Liam Vercoe":3t4l2cjh said:
You can't really blame a 'keeper for not saving penalties, they have to guess (educated guesses sometimes) where the ball's going to go and they have the disadvantage that a ball can travel faster than them, even worse from 12 yards. I think we have two good goalkeepers, there are other areas of our squad, however, that are weak. Very weak.
My comment wasn't regarding the penalties, and if you think we have two good keepers in the squad then your setting your bar for good very low, neither look comfortable catching or punching, Cole got dropped because he is awful under crosses etc costing us goals and Gilmartin had gifted them an equaliser tonight.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
If you weren't talking about the penalties then I misunderstood and assumed, sorry. And I actually think there's things Cole does very well, catching's not one of them. I haven't seen a lot of Gilmartin so I can't comment with as much confidence but from I have seen I don't think he's a bad goalie, certainly good enough for where are and maybe a bit higher. Me and you always have these conversations on 'keepers :D

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Rubbish goalkeeping for their goal, and it's not the first time either. I've been critical of Jake Cole in the past but ideally don't understand why Gilmartin is playing instead of him.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The Doctor":2ygt98v0 said:
Rubbish goalkeeping for their goal, and it's not the first time either. I've been critical of Jake Cole in the past but ideally don't understand why Gilmartin is playing instead of him.

Me neither Doc.

L

Lee Roberts

I'm no fan of Cole but Gilmartin was very poor tonight.
How many more games will Fetcher give him?