Goalkeeper (Alex Palmer signs from WBA - confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goalkeeper (Alex Palmer signs from WBA - confirmed)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Alex Palmer confirmed. Season long loan.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Personally would have preferred signing an experienced keeper, rather than a young keeper on loan. Have to wait and see but well be disappointed if we are giving another teams young keeper first team experience while our own prospect sits on the bench. We well have to wait and see.

Jun 24, 2008
Okay good, thats goalkeepers sorted then. Not sure what to make of him with little to go off but after Macey I don't think we could do much worse!

Mar 14, 2009
It’s his last year of his contract at WBA. He is 4th choice.

I imagine he could be available at the end of the season perhaps.

Lowe stated he doesn’t care about age.

I am hoping though for a really decent CB at same at some stage. Perhaps even a ST if others get moved on.

Then perhaps that will be it.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Happy with this, two young & highly rated keepers competing for the spot.

Also, the goalkeepers kit he’s wearing in the picture is an absolute beauty.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower.

It will mean for the last two and a half seasons we will/would have a loan keeper. I would prefer an experienced permanent keeper, hey ho.

It's odd that Holmes, who is at a Premier League club, had to have a trial while Palmer is signed straight away, he must be good and a good height as well.
Quick distribution from the keeper looks to be a key pattern of play under Lowe.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":1d4djbn2 said:

It will mean for the last two and a half seasons we will/would have a loan keeper. I would prefer an experienced permanent keeper, hey ho.

It's odd that Holmes, who is at a Premier League club, had to have a trial while Palmer is signed straight away, he must be good and a good height as well.
Quick distribution from the keeper looks to be a key pattern of play under Lowe.

He is 6”3 or 191cm tall the club website states.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Welcome. A position that needed filling. Hopefully him and Cooper can spur each other on as they fight for the No. 1 spot, just like Larrieu and McCormick did.

As RL has said he only wanted one more keeper, time to concentrate on getting a CB in now.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":12mucmq4 said:

I saw Holmes at Truro and Parkway and can understand putting him through a trial. IMHO he looked liked someone who had been plucked from the crowd.
I'd like to see Cooper start off as number 1.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Wonder if he’ll get a half at Torquay?

Nov 2, 2004
The more I think about this the more I believe Lowe has seen enough in Cooper to give him a go. If he was worried about Cooper he would have signed a proven keeper which Palmer is not.