Goal tally (after two new coaches arrive) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goal tally (after two new coaches arrive)

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Here Dewsnip explains the roles of the coaches and what they do https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/dewsnip-discusses-new-coaching-line

It is worth reading as there is no set defensive coach instead, their roles are defined across game plans, player improvement, keepers, opposition, academy pathway, loan management etc

I think the article is very insightful and shows a level of sophistication in the Argyle set up not previously evident . It also shows how even at League One standard the level of preparation and planning that goes into each game and the improvement of the players.

If we want to be a championship club we need to set up and prepare like one. I assume most of the top half clubs in League One have a similar set up.

While we are all frustrated about gifting two daft goals away to lose a 3-1 lead. I think we should be celebrating this investment in player development and coaching. It’s a medium to long term investment.

Let’s compare Fleetwood’s game last year when they scored 5 past us and Pan was taken off in the first half. A year later we are a different proposition and Pan is one of the best players in the league. Could that be down to coaching ?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
So for all the coaches at the club is there a psychologist that looks after the mentality & mindset of the players considering what has happened in the last 2 games.
It is all well & good having a Coach whose job is game plan specific but do they allow margin for error within that game plan when all of what they have done in training does not play out during the game- are they overloading the players with to much information
I'm sure what happened on Tuesday was certainly not part of the game plan but if we carry on hitting the self destruction button more questions are going to be asked regarding the Coaching Team

Reactions: Tavy Tony
Jul 12, 2016
Here Dewsnip explains the roles of the coaches and what they do https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/dewsnip-discusses-new-coaching-line

It is worth reading as there is no set defensive coach instead, their roles are defined across game plans, player improvement, keepers, opposition, academy pathway, loan management etc

I think the article is very insightful and shows a level of sophistication in the Argyle set up not previously evident . It also shows how even at League One standard the level of preparation and planning that goes into each game and the improvement of the players.

If we want to be a championship club we need to set up and prepare like one. I assume most of the top half clubs in League One have a similar set up.

While we are all frustrated about gifting two daft goals away to lose a 3-1 lead. I think we should be celebrating this investment in player development and coaching. It’s a medium to long term investment.

Let’s compare Fleetwood’s game last year when they scored 5 past us and Pan was taken off in the first half. A year later we are a different proposition and Pan is one of the best players in the league. Could that be down to coaching ?
Last paragraph irrelevant. Different players ,different manager, worse pitch etc

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Last paragraph irrelevant. Different players ,different manager, worse pitch etc
No it is relevant as Pan is a case study in what good coaching does for a player. He is markedly better than this time last year.
Schey (and Nance) was the coach this time last year and by all accounts had a major role (more than Lowe) in coaching and developing the players. It is far too early to judge the impact of the new coaches at the moment.

Jul 12, 2016
No it is relevant as Pan is a case study in what good coaching does for a player. He is markedly better than this time last year.
Schey (and Nance) was the coach this time last year and by all accounts had a major role (more than Lowe) in coaching and developing the players. It is far too early to judge the impact of the new coaches at the moment.
You cannot just pick out one game as a comparison and who says he's better? Still inconsistent.

Oct 5, 2013
I don't know whether this is typical, but the fact that nearly 50% of our conceded goals occur within the first or last 10 minutes of a match is massively concerning. Feels very much like we go to pot when the pressure ramps up.
View attachment 2320
Here's another equally damning way of looking at it, which shows that we concede nearly 60% of our goals in the first and final 15 minutes.
View attachment 2321

Sourced from an awesome site, incidentally:
This is great info, and like your comment about the source!
This certainly needs changing, and quickly.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'm sure what happened on Tuesday was certainly not part of the game plan but if we carry on hitting the self destruction button more questions are going to be asked regarding the Coaching Team

I know it's just a casual aside, but it's not hitting the self destruct button as much as eventually succumbing to intense pressure.

Late goals come about because the opposition is throwing the kitchen sink at you with an absolute barrage of balls into the box when you're absolutely knackered after 90 minutes (throw in a terrible pitch the other night too). I don't think it's this disgracefully unprofessional sign of incompetence.

Should still be able to cope with it WAY better than we have done, I don't know what the answer is and it's very worrying... but it does happen all the time in football.

Jul 12, 2016
I know it's just a casual aside, but it's not hitting the self destruct button as much as eventually succumbing to intense pressure.

Late goals come about because the opposition is throwing the kitchen sink at you with an absolute barrage of balls into the box when you're absolutely knackered after 90 minutes (throw in a terrible pitch the other night too). I don't think it's this disgracefully unprofessional sign of incompetence.

Should still be able to cope with it WAY better than we have done, I don't know what the answer is and it's very worrying... but it does happen all the time in football.
Just retain the ball or kick it out of play.Probably easier said than done but not rocket science.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
If that were the case, why don't we score more goals in the last 10-15 minutes?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah it's clearly an issue for us, I know. I'm just putting it in the 'must do better' box rather than looking at it as a totally unacceptable disgrace.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
These 2 new coaches - are they just to take the extra fans to Chelski, or is this something the club has invested in, long term for all the home games?
:unsure: