Get realistic! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get realistic!

A

argyle7

I'm not trying to say managers wouldn't want to come here, But Keith Hill? Why would he drop down two divisions to a club really struggling in league two, where he's doing a decent enough job in the championship. Of course we can get a better manager in, but the likes of Davies, Hill and Cotterill are just completely unrealisitic, however I'd love to be proven wrong.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
I have not heard anything from the club or media that Fletch is leaving any time soon so I don,t see the point in suggesting names of possible new managers and if he does go or be demoted the fans will have no say in his replacement, I just think we need to just wait and see or am I just being boreing. Ive just noticed its stopped raining I think Ill go for a walk,but I be strait on Pasoti when I come back,are we sad people or just Argyle mad, not a lot of difference I fear.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
JB needs to be very brave or very foolish to keep with Fletch and I'm not 100% clear which.
Whether CF stays or goes I hope that Sexstone will have some input.

Maybe the solution is that we need a bit more management experience in DOF / coaching (defensive) roles. Agree - we need experienced men behind CF (if he stays)

It would be great to have someone who can put the ball in the net.
Oh yes - there is some rumour that a tall chap has been seen sitting in a garden shed without doors but he's a bit Mad and CF won't talk to him

I'm not convinced that Fletch really knows his best 11.
We need a settled team team to get results and confidence back.

Snag is of course that the team has a good match and CF sticks with them (as most would) but then next game they are worse than useless. Does he say ''a good team and bad day'' or ''changes needed'' Its never settled because we can't seem to string together 2 better than average performances back to back.

It's not easy but it is painful at the moment.
At the end of the day what matters most is Argyle staying in the League and to be honest I never thought I would be saying this 12 months after being hauled back from the brink. It actually matters not who is manager / coach!!! If we had Harry + Jose + SAF and we were in the same position then its curtains (or should be) NO ONE PERSON is bigger than the club and if it takes drastic and 'no sympathy' action then so be it.
Its similar to when King Tommy, Nessie and Wottsy were shown the door. At the time I thought all 3 could have had another season but it was a ''no sympathy' decision. Thanks and goodbye.

Anyway you can relax a bit. My mate is in the TA and he's got 15 blokes on flyovers between Exeter and Marsh Mills with shoulder launched rockets. If they see that car 9AUL HRT heading west (or east having sneaked in under darkness via the A30) they have their orders. :lol:

Jul 6, 2011
bodspafc":5fiddf5y said:
tigertony":5fiddf5y said:
Don't agree at all that some managers who are in Lge 1 /2 or ''should be'' (but they are not) would discard an approach. Potential has been shown in the past (Luggy Mk 1)
I think Gary Johnson would consider it as would Hill.

My major snag is Nance. A non-league player for 98% of his career and he is coaching !!! He must go and Argyle must employ a coach with a background in Lge 1/2 minimum. I suspect there are coaches out there at Lge 1/2 clubs who are No 2 to the manager who would rather be No 2 at Argyle.

Just seen that car on the A38 again westbound with plate ''9AUL HRT'' :funny:

I don't think the fact that Nance was a non league player is too relevant in my opinion. Jose Maurinho never played professionally and he's not a bad coach! I'd say it's more to do with training methods and man management for a coach and I have no evidence either way that Nance is a good or bad at this.

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, just asking if there is any evidence that Nance is a bad coach?

Arsene Wenger as well, don't think he ever played professional football.
Nance is probably our most qualified coach, but I think most of our problems come at player level. They all seem to come here looking for player contracts and after securing them start playing like shyte.
This unfortunately is the situation we find ourselves in with some of our players. Always wondered why Max was allowed to go free from Tranmere, he seemed a classy player, but even he seems to lack some major somethings since signing his 2 year deal.
When Fletch drops them for a couple of games and then plays them again, they have one half decent match & then they're shyte again. People talk about the management, but I'm looking at the consistency of some of the players.
Leaving out home-grown players, players kept out through injury or those on loan, for me Hourihane, Berry, Lennox, PCH, Cole, Baz and Gurrieri are the only standouts, the only ones to impress me as getting on with the job to the professional standard they are paid to achieve. I will say Griffiths has given glimpses of what he can do.
Think it's time for some of the younger players to be given an opportunity to shine. Sims against Burnly was excellent and Harvey even at his age could become prolific.