George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think he needs to rediscover his worth and ability.

To go forward sometimes you need to take a step back.

Sep 2, 2008
🤞Going to be a nervous time for him. I imagine if he fails a medical going for Chesterfield then he’ll be asking himself some serious questions. I genuinely hope it goes well for him.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Even if he were fully fit, to be honest, I don't see where he'd fit into our team. He isn't a LWB at L1 level, he isn't the sort of central midfielder we use either, he needs to play in a team where he can either be a CAM or a wide attacker. To be completely honest, it does sort of the raise question why did we pay a substantial fee for him? He's a talented player no doubt, but with our system I'm not sure he was ever going to be a guaranteed starter in L1, considering the fee we paid is the biggest fee we've forked out since we were in the Championship, in hindsight perhaps it was a bit of a gamble? Anyhow, best of luck to him, hope he gets his career back on track.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
🤞Going to be a nervous time for him. I imagine if he fails a medical going for Chesterfield then he’ll be asking himself some serious questions. I genuinely hope it goes well for him.
Yes, probably some nerves there! Best of luck to him; I think he needs to be playing regularly and get his confidence back up... Should be a good player for Chesterfield.

Aug 13, 2009
Great signing for Chesterfield. Too good for that league, can only be injury worries that prevent bigger clubs signing him.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
If fully fit, he'd be an incredible signing for Chesterfield.

If he was firing on all cylinders I'd still love him as an option for us.

Good luck Coops.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Whether its good for him or Chesterfield obviously depends on his recovery from injury. If he's made a good recovery and his attitude is sound then he stands every chance of rebuilding his career. He showed us that technically he's got a great left foot and he creates and scores goals, defending is his main weakness. I don't think he would have forced his way back into consideration at Argyle but I hope he is able to make the most of his chance with Chesterfield.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Physical recovery is always clear to see but he needs to mentally recover from his injurys.

I’ve no doubt that he’s been affected by his time on the sidelines so this move is all about a new and fresh start.

Good to see club fully behind the move for the right reasons.