George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper to Chesterfield (confirmed)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Your crystal ball predicted his injury, did it?
No that's why I said "it's turned out to be". Never understood why we signed him permanently cos I thought he wasn't very good. One step above Gregg Wylde in the crossing department but very slow and defensively possibly cost us more goals than he scored and/or assisted.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
For me, this guy had good potential (before the serious injury) to be a really good player.

You could look at him in two ways. 4 out of 5 crosses were poor. But 1 out if 5 created a goalscoring opportunity. I choose the latter.

l liked he was two footed. Yet it was a winger being asked to play LWB and he got exposed defensively. The system didn’t suit him. He needed a position where he could of played as a winger or a central attacking midfielder. The same goes with Mayor. They need to be relived of defensive responsibilitities.

Anyhow, wish him all the best.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Signs for Chesterfield, hope it works out for him

Reactions: Coopertupac
Sep 2, 2008
'I spoke to the manager a few times and he’s just got to get the best out of me.' o_O

Surely the responsibility is on Cooper to give his best and not for the manager to get it out of him

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
For me, this guy had good potential (before the serious injury) to be a really good player.

You could look at him in two ways. 4 out of 5 crosses were poor. But 1 out if 5 created a goalscoring opportunity. I choose the latter.

l liked he was two footed. Yet it was a winger being asked to play LWB and he got exposed defensively. The system didn’t suit him. He needed a position where he could have played as a winger or a central attacking midfielder. The same goes with Mayor. They need to be relived of defensive responsibilitities.

Anyhow, wish him all the best.
I think your assessment of Mayor's defensive capabilities or at least the comparison made with George Cooper's is harsh. In the modern game switching to defensive play as soon as possession is lost is a requirement for all outfield players and not an optional extra.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I think your assessment of Mayor's defensive capabilities or at least the comparison made with George Cooper's is harsh. In the modern game switching to defensive play as soon as possession is lost is a requirement for all outfield players and not an optional extra.

Maybe. lm not saying Mayor doesn’t have any.

Yet, l don’t think Houghton is that great winning the ball back. Then you have Mayor, who tries, but it’s not his game. So you relied on Camara a lot. He was good enough to have an influence but l just feel in a midfield 3 you need two who win the ball back consistently.

Also, if you watch Mayor notice how his influence drops as the match goes on. He just doesn’t have the stamina to keep running up and down the pitch. Just like Cooper. In my opinion anyhow.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
'I spoke to the manager a few times and he’s just got to get the best out of me.' o_O

Surely the responsibility is on Cooper to give his best and not for the manager to get it out of him
God you are so STRONG!!
This is a young guy who has had a tough time. Maybe he is asking for 'help'? You know 'help'?
Maybe you're right; he is so WEAK!
You on the other hand are so STRONG!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

Exactly how I read it. He sees it very much down to others to get him playing well again.

Could have used better wording but I guess he’s lost a lot of his drive and confidence.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Good luck George- hopefully you have found a club that will let you rediscover your footballing mojo

Chance of scenery - new beginnings , new challenge - can only be good for him(y)

Sep 2, 2008
Exactly how I read it. He sees it very much down to others to get him playing well again.

Could have used better wording but I guess he’s lost a lot of his drive and confidence.
It really is a reflection on many of the young in todays society. It’s always someone else’s responsibility to do this, to do that etc. Its never their responsibility.

He will be getting paid an extraordinary amount of money compared to your average Joe public to do what he’s supposed to be good at and yet it’s someone else’s responsibility to get that out of him.

If that’s his attitude then I’m glad he’s gone. Another example of Lowe talking out of his backside…Cooper definitely seems to be a kn*bhead.

Last edited: