Galloway and Miller not involved? | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Galloway and Miller not involved?

Jan 9, 2023
It's one thing playing your heart out against Leicester, a team headed for the Premier maybe. Quite another to try your hardest against the team where you may be heading next season and embrolied in the same relegation scrap as yourselves. Selection on Saturday will be interesting and may be revealing.

The other thing to consider is that some of these rumours appeared towards the end of the Foster era, who knows what contracts were being offered then and/or whether things have changed. I would have thought a few players were being made alternative offers based on staying up or going down.
Galloway has been flawless all season, never given less than his all, and moreover he's our best CB, LB and WB!

If he's fit he plays.

Again I draw attention to all the posters on here wanted him gone in Jan or moaning about him activating his extension in the summer saying it was a self-interested move and a waste of a wage. There were plenty. Short memories on here.

To say he owes us a thing or cast a single doubt on his committment after all the grief he's got from us lot and the way he's played this season is just ludicrous. If we cared about him that much we'd have had a conract on the table as soon as he proved his fitness last year. Instead Foster left him whistling, umming and ahhing whilst his contract ticked down.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
NO player owes us anything, these are humans in a privileged "job", they can do as they wish in their career choices.
Galloway is exceptionally good, maybe too good for us right now, I hope he stays but if he leaves as expected then the very best of luck to him.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Is there any news on the Miller injury. I've not seen anything

No but o expect e probably hear something from the pre match press conference

Reactions: KJC
Jul 12, 2016
Galloway has been flawless all season, never given less than his all, and moreover he's our best CB, LB and WB!

If he's fit he plays.

Again I draw attention to all the posters on here wanted him gone in Jan or moaning about him activating his extension in the summer saying it was a self-interested move and a waste of a wage. There were plenty. Short memories on here.

To say he owes us a thing or cast a single doubt on his committment after all the grief he's got from us lot and the way he's played this season is just ludicrous. If we cared about him that much we'd have had a conract on the table as soon as he proved his fitness last year. Instead Foster left him whistling, umming and ahhing whilst his contract ticked down.
Some fans put individual players before our club. I always want the best for Argyle. You have no idea what discussions have already taken place but prefer to think that his contract is being left to wind down . I am not questioning Galloway’s commitment to the cause but will feel let down if he refuses a contract if offered.

Jul 12, 2016
NO player owes us anything, these are humans in a privileged "job", they can do as they wish in their career choices.
Galloway is exceptionally good, maybe too good for us right now, I hope he stays but if he leaves as expected then the very best of luck to him.
Sums up the world we live in. No such thing as loyalty any more. Grab what you can while you can☹️

Butternubs

Jam First
Nov 4, 2021
Plymouth
Sums up the world we live in. No such thing as loyalty any more. Grab what you can while you can☹️
It's never existed, like Narnia.

I have no loyalty to any employer. If another comes along, and they have in the past, and offered me a better contract, pay and terms, I will take it. Simples. Same for players and managers and other staff.

Football is not special. The only loyal ones are fans. Everyone else is a moving part.

Jan 9, 2023
Miller to miss rest of season with damage to a ligament
I really hope it's not too serious and he can still find a club.

There are plenty at other clubs who would have gone into a game like Leicester and strolled around trying not to pick up an injury (ask Stoke fans!). I'll credit him and Galloway, plus guys like Cundle and particularly Azaz who put it all on the line for us when they knew they were leaving.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It's never existed, like Narnia.

I have no loyalty to any employer. If another comes along, and they have in the past, and offered me a better contract, pay and terms, I will take it. Simples. Same for players and managers and other staff.

Football is not special. The only loyal ones are fans. Everyone else is a moving part.

Narnia doesn't exist??? What the ??? o_O
You'll be telling me next that all the letters I've written to Santa over the decades have gone to waste too..

At least I'm safe in the knowledge that Exeter are an excellent club with their fans having the normal number of toes.

Jan 9, 2023
Some fans put individual players before our club. I always want the best for Argyle. You have no idea what discussions have already taken place but prefer to think that his contract is being left to wind down . I am not questioning Galloway’s commitment to the cause but will feel let down if he refuses a contract if offered.
It's one thing putting Argyle first, but you are completely forgetting that players aren't robots, they are people with short and particularly insecure careers (and in Galloway/Millers cases, ones blighted by injury).

They have one shot to secure their future and that of their families, to achieve their goals and their dreams in life, which for most players is to play at the highest level they can. Much as I love my club, I don't think I would put Argyle ahead of any of those things, it is, after all, only a game. Beyond anything else I don't think Argyle as a club, Simon Hallett or Neil Dewsnip or anyone in that dressing room would begrudge or hold any player back from a big opportunity to secure their futures should it come their way. It's just not the way we're set up and this was proven in January.

We don't even know what league we're going to be playing in yet so this is all speculation regards contracts. If we are in league one I don't think it's remotely reasonable to expect any of the top players to stay. We'll be lucky to retain Whittaker/Hardie/Gibson even.

But if we stay up and someone like (for example) Stoke, or Birmingham, or West Brom, or Boro, or Ipswich or to be honest any of those big clubs came in and tripled what we can offer Galloway on a 2 or 3 year deal, plus a shot at the play-offs (which we won't be able to offer, yet) to get in the big-time, with his injury history, would you really expect him to stay? I think it's quite unreasonable all things considered. I wouldn't stay if I was him, I don't care how nice The Hoe is! Now if we were able to match their offers or a least get close, retain our best players, and put together the squad we need to challenge then that is an entirely different story. But we can't, and we won't, not yet anyway.

Players like him are gold-dust in this league and at Galloway's age this is realistically his last shot at it.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Real shame about Miller- last Friday was probably his last game for us.

I imagine Joe and Bali will be the wing-backs at the weekend.

Unless we spring a surprise and play 4 at the back- Edwards, Scarr, Gibson, Galloway

Randell and Forshaw

Whittaker Bundu Mumba

Hardie

Apr 1, 2009
I'm no fan of Foster, but I'm not sure how he can be blamed for the fact that there was no "contract on the table as soon as he (Galloway) proved his fitness last year", given Foster arrived in January. I very much doubt Foster had unilateral responsibility for contract renewals anyway. Just seems an attempt to blame him for something else when, let's face it, there's plenty to genuinely pin on him.