Galloway and Miller not involved? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Galloway and Miller not involved?

Oct 10, 2018
I agree you have to play your strongest team to get the best probability of winning. We do not have luxury to rest on moral integrity.

We also have to release that Miller and Galloway have substantial wages due to there experience, but are also injury plagued and over the peak of there careers, so that will surely have a baring on any contract terms offered.

It's also clear unless the very strong possibility investor SH recently refers to comes to fruition, then yes its likely these very capable players will move on.

Reactions: paperboy
Oct 10, 2018
I suspect ND, and the data analyst guys have been targeting replacements for these players, at the end of the day they see what we don't from any player behind the scenes, and the contract issue isn't anything spontaneous.

• Haha
Reactions: the corkscrew

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Fact or fiction? Source?

Talk that they’re off in Summer but no club’s mentioned. All players what will be leaving people would assume Stoke

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Talk that they’re off in Summer but no club’s mentioned. All players what will be leaving people would assume Stoke
Let’s wait and see shall we.

Oct 8, 2005
cattedown
They have both played a lot of football recently for injury prone players. Could be that they both needed a rest to freshen up for the final 4 games of the season. Hardie could’ve benefited from the same treatment.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It's an interesting dynamic that Miller, regularly seen on here as frustrating for having no end product, sits on the bench for 2 weeks and is now being seen as a potential match winner. He entertains me and I like the way he gets us up the pitch but he doesn't affect results. Callum Wright has been recalled from the wilderness, cited by many as the player we needed to get us the vital goals and assists, like he did at the end of last season. Thus far the expectation outweighs the reality.

Apr 11, 2023
I thought they would have started one of the games each. Bali has been good though and has better final product than Miller. Miller does carry the ball well but his crosses don't suit us as we have no one in the box as and are often lashed in quick. I'm guessing Galloway is carry a knock as he had been playing well. Plus Scarr is back so not risked.

Jan 23, 2024
Galloway came on as a sub at Rotherham didn't he?, so I suspect that the reason he at least isn't playing is fitness related. I also agree its strange to have them both in the squad if you have no intention of playing them. Not that we have much alternative, I guess.

Reactions: 999mattyg
Jul 12, 2016
The management of the players seems to get more muddled by the day. On Friday I could understand the recall of tried and tested players but to play the same team four days later is bizarre. We have freshened up the starting line throughout the season but when results are critical are asking already knackered players to keep performing.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Galloway came on as a sub at Rotherham didn't he?, so I suspect that the reason he at least isn't playing is fitness related. I also agree it’s strange to have them both in the squad if you have no intention of playing them. Not that we have much alternative, I guess.
They are in the squad as they are good players that can be called upon. I would guess that the management team are picking players that have committed to Argyle, but if Milelr or Galloway are needed they will come on.

Dan Scarr has played very well the last 2 games after replacing Galloway and Bali has come back to form and produced more than Miller has, so I’m not sure what the problem is?

Reactions: memory man
Jan 23, 2024
They are in the squad as they are good players that can be called upon. I would guess that the management team are picking players that have committed to Argyle, but if Milelr or Galloway are needed they will come on.

Dan Scarr has played very well the last 2 games after replacing Galloway and Bali has come back to form and produced more than Miller has, so I’m not sure what the problem is?
Certainly agree Scarr has played very well. Just in my opinion Galloway has been our best defender all season and remains so, when fit of course! That's the joy of opinion boards, you get differing opinions. :)

Reactions: Daz
Sep 3, 2009
I simply don't believe the management would not pick either of those 2, based on them leaving at the end of the season.

With Miller, I think it might simply be selection. With Galloway, I reckon it's fitness-related. If he is anywhere near fit, he needs to start on Friday.

Reactions: Jon with no H

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I simply don't believe the management would not pick either of those 2, based on them leaving at the end of the season.

With Miller, I think it might simply be selection. With Galloway, I reckon it's fitness-related. If he is anywhere near fit, he needs to start on Friday.
Galloway came on against Rotherham on Friday, so is fit, if he wasn't he would not be in the squad surely.