Fletcher too good for SWPL, is he good enough for Div 1 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fletcher too good for SWPL, is he good enough for Div 1

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
DA see's him play every day in training. He's a pretty successful, professional football manager.

Why on earth does anybody on here that's watched him in a couple of cameos think they know better?

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Thomas Edwards":134ecit6 said:
DA see's him play every day in training. He's a pretty successful, professional football manager.

Why on earth does anybody on here that's watched him in a couple of cameos think they know better?

I agree to some extent. This debate has come along because we 'can't hit a cows arse with a banjo' at this moment in time! People are just expressing opinions and putting things out there to discuss.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
999mattyg":2msi3xc9 said:
Thomas Edwards":2msi3xc9 said:

I agree to some extent. This debate has come along because we 'can't hit a cows arse with a banjo' at this moment in time! People are just expressing opinions and putting things out there to discuss.
I agree too – and the fact he brought him on at all (even when a goal down & down to ten men) shows he clearly rates him so we’re just querying whether Adams is being too conservative in not starting him. Talented youngsters often do well when first thrown into the deep end by playing with energy, fearlessness and exuberance but it is not uncommon for them then to quickly plateau and go through a lean spell before hopefully developing again. That even happened to Marcus Rashford at Manure – he is now coming out the other side into a ‘mature’ player but the initial baptism has to happen and we haven’t got many options at the moment – so why not?

Aug 5, 2016
Keepitgreen":eeix6tuz said:
What have we got to lose?

Approximately forty more league matches and our League One status.

Other than that it is a totally pressure free situation for all involved.

May 16, 2016
He's definitely got potential. Shows aggression in the box but from the little I've seen of him looked to struggle physically against the L1 Defenders. The other night he looked to be easily shrugged off the ball by the MK players even late in the game as they, presumably, tired.

His time will come. The problem being, deciding when it is. If we had better cover in that area, a loan out to a lower League might help. Regular football at a reasonable level at another teams risk (results wise) would be helpful.

One thing he doesn't need is the pressure of expectation from being 'one of our own' .

Sep 6, 2006
Thomas Edwards":22ipby2y said:

Not at the moment he aint! He's a pretty unsuccessful manager currently!

Aug 26, 2011
All of our development players first year pros and apprenticeses should be far too good for the SWPL

It does serve a purpose in giving the lads game time locally and therefore saves transport costs

Taking step up is always going to be difficult and applies to all such players at the 92 league clubs - to play at league level the players need experience at that level and being given a run in the team and therefore is a long term commitment and why so many Nearly made it pros are loaned out

But the managers need instant results - just look at the comments on here lately - and will obviously think short term

I'm sure we all remember Alan Hansens comments about Fergies kids - need to leave it to the manager to know how who is ready

Feb 17, 2017
Blissett is not league one standard but I would say after seeing every game he's been involved in ciftci is league one standard and I believe after getting a goal he will be a different player. Fletcher is not ready for league one, probably not even league 2 level needs to go out on loan.

Feb 28, 2016
Green90":v9egi4eh said:
MarkMatthews":v9egi4eh said:
Presto":v9egi4eh said:
Short answer to original question is NO.
So let's move on.

And do you think Blissett and the foreign lad are?

Any need for the xenophobia?

There wouldn't be if I was, which I wasn't. Off the top of my head I couldn't remember how to spell his name( I struggle to even say it) so described him factually. I'm neither hostile or suspicious of him.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
MarkMatthews":39zum8mk said:
Green90":39zum8mk said:
MarkMatthews":39zum8mk said:
Presto":39zum8mk said:
Short answer to original question is NO.
So let's move on.

And do you think Blissett and the foreign lad are?

Any need for the xenophobia?

There wouldn't be if I was, which I wasn't. Off the top of my head I couldn't remember how to spell his name( I struggle to even say it) so described him factually. I'm neither hostile or suspicious of him.
mark,let's call him nadir shall we?