Fletcher out STILL | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fletcher out STILL

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
That's the thing JJ, usually I like to consider the positives and usually I like to believe that Mr Brent probably has good reasons for doing things that I disagree with as he knows more about the inner workings of the club than I and has far more life experience to deal with them than I, thats how I see it anyway.

However I just can't see any positives to what we are doing, to the direction we are heading in. Carl Fletcher is completely out of his depth yet he remains, why? What does Mr Brent see in Fletcher that is so powerful that he can afford to ignore the majority of his customers of whom probably know the game far better than Mr Brent does...

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
As far as the content of that interview was concerned there was too much undefined 'something' and 'stuff' to inspire me. The only positive aspect of the DoF's job description I could hear, was that CF did/could not handle, was budgets etc. The converse of that is the execution of tactics and training is a doddle. I just wish it was demonstrated so easily on the pitch once a fortnight at HP.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
That's what grates me beyond belief QG.

Fletch handles all questions on the DOF with such confidence, pointing out he can handle training, tactics and team selection by himself, just not the contracts etc.

Anyone would think he had Sturrock's managerial record with the belief he has in himself - does he realise how many games he's lost, how many times he's been outwitted by proper managers who know what they are doing?

This club is really up poo creek without a paddle. All this time since Reid and administration, and we still haven't got a professional managerial and coaching set up in place? I don't think I have ever been as disillusioned with this club as until now, not even under McCauley.

Aug 19, 2012
storming":rzjnru08 said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20584598#asset
How can you have any confidence in this man?

My god did he actually know what he was saying? the amount of times he said 'umm' was unbelievable!

Dec 3, 2005
I suggest we ALL send e-mails to Argyle, probably Rick Cowdery, that's who I usually contact on various matters and he always replies.

Rick Cowdery (rick.cowdery@pafc.co.uk)

Just in case no-one from Argyle are bothering to read PASOTI, let them know how you feel!!

Dec 3, 2005
Little Jimmy":2swfafpp said:
storming":2swfafpp said:

My god did he actually know what he was saying? the amount of times he said 'umm' was unbelievable!

Ummm is actually Welsh for: I haven't got a clue what to do or say!!!

Aug 19, 2012
djg145":3f26d2ms said:
Little Jimmy":3f26d2ms said:
storming":3f26d2ms said:

Ummm is actually Welsh for: I haven't got a clue what to do or say!!!

:clap: you're probably true there actually

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I want Fletcher gone more than anything. Sadly I accept we are stuck with him and most others do. The DoF has shut us up because we are deflated.

I use to love Argyle and couldn't sleep worrying if they would exist tomorrow. Last night I went to sleep without even checking the score. Brent and Fletcher were saviours. They are now tormentors to my faith.

The core of our club is rotten and Brent's plans better work as his PR over Form/Fletcher/Purse/Dorchester has been terrible.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ejh":9cxvqbuu said:
That's what grates me beyond belief QG.

Fletch handles all questions on the DOF with such confidence, pointing out he can handle training, tactics and team selection by himself, just not the contracts etc.

Anyone would think he had Sturrock's managerial record with the belief he has in himself - does he realise how many games he's lost, how many times he's been outwitted by proper managers who know what they are doing?

This club is really up poo creek without a paddle. All this time since Reid and administration, and we still haven't got a professional managerial and coaching set up in place? I don't think I have ever been as disillusioned with this club as until now, not even under McCauley.

It really was not a good interview. I accept however the fact that he probably has not been on a media training course like Premiership clubs give their players. Having said that, there was nothing in it all to impress a supporter or a Chairman come to that. Now, if he is uncomfortable in doing them, he should tell Rick Cowdery, that he does not want to do them. I have no problem with that decision and together with the Club Press Officer they can cobble together a press release for issue to all the news outlets. RC is quite capable of taking the lead in doing that. At the moment CF is not doing himself any favours in retaining the goodwill of supporters.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Some say Fletch has lost the dressing room , I KNOW hes lost the fans ,when will he lose the board, that is the most important question. I only go for Ivors pasty and fish & chips at Launceston on the way home but Im putting on weight so somethings going to have to give ,cant think what.