Favourite Keeper double act/Worst | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Favourite Keeper double act/Worst

P

Piran-Pilgrim

We over the years have had good Keepers, was wondering whose was their fave/ worst they HAVE to have played together, some may say Larrieu/McCormick, my fave was Crudgie/Cherry, worst I can only think of one Nicky 'Teflon' Hammond.

Whose were yours?.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
PIRAN-PILGRIM":pugv6gyo said:
We over the years have had good Keepers, was wondering whose was their fave/ worst they HAVE to have played together, some may say Larrieu/McCormick, my fave was Crudgie/Cherry, worst I can only think of one Nicky 'Teflon' Hammond.

Whose were yours?.
Crudgie / Cherry = good call but would have been beaten by Le Keeper / LMc had that ran its course.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Jim was always entertaining, lots of banter with Devonport End.

Feb 21, 2011
NLM FC":1rn4u4dq said:
Best keeper Alan Nicholls and he was backed up by one of the worst, Ray Newland
Yep can't argue with that Nicholls was a superb keeper who loved to get involved with the crowd, Newland was shall we say not quite as good.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cherry for humour, Aleksic for class, Hammond for.....

G

Greenskin

Greenpafcpete":2s7xmdqw said:
Best double act was Larrieu and McCormick without a doubt, we were gifted with goalkeepers during that period

Not sure about that,we had Barron and Hodge on the books at the same time and both went on to very good careers at the top level.Ray Newland and Tony Burns were pretty shocking at the other end of the scale.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Greenpafcpete":p2ru2w2r said:
Best double act was Larrieu and McCormick without a doubt, we were gifted with goalkeepers during that period
As individuals Jim F and Crudgie were good in their day but I agree, these were a good double act.

R

Rupert

Favourite 'competing' keepers, yes, Ro and Luke.

Favourite keeper: Jim Furnell. Why? As well as the ability, the Crystal Palace penalty save. Best single moment of my first ten years watching Argyle, I reckon...

Least favourite: The late Les Sealey. Just for one single moment. He didn't play well in a 4-3 defeat at Doncaster Rovers in 1984, and took some stick from the small number of away fans on the terrace behind him. He turned round and gave us all sorts of abuse. Straw-chewing yokels, and stuff like that, as I recall. I thought it was only opposition players who were supposed to do that sort of thing...

:)