False Pretences (message from QPR fan) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

False Pretences (message from QPR fan)

G

Gramps

Hi Guys. That's me - here under false pretences but for, I hope, the best of reasons. You are unlikely to see much of me because, basically, I just wanted to leave this one message. I am a QPR supporter and, like many supporters of Rs I am appalled and saddened at what has been happening to Plymouth Argyle.

Should mention that I am 75 years old and can go back to my first game over 70 years ago and remember many meetings between us and Argyle with never any trouble and good relationships between the fans. For some reason I remember well Bill Shortt who was a really good goalkeeper for you.

Stick with it. We don't want to see your club disappear and I for one will be closely watching your results on the field. I am convinced you will come good and send you very best wishes. There has to be light at the end of the tunnel. Onwards and upwards!

O

ogwellmike

Blimey Gramps that's even longer than I've been an Argyle supporter (only slightly though).

Many thanks for your good wishes. QPR and Argyle are two great clubs and your fans command a great deal of respect dowm here.

Argyle will survive. I know your lot and our lot will meet again, don't know where don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day. (sorry Vera!)

Apr 26, 2011
Saltash
Cheers Gramps - thanks for your message and good wishes.

Haven't got as many years in as your good self, but have seen several ups and downs in the last 40 years! Came up to your place once a few years back, and had some good banter with your fans.

Hopefully we'll be still be around and meet up again in the near future - Enjoy your success! Keeping the Faith :scarf:

Fans ReUnited - SUPPORT FOOTBALL

G

Gramps

I should have added, of course, that Rangers have been in similar positions to you in the past and in my younger days my mates were forever taking the pee at me for supporting them (some of my friends still do!) but a true supporter must take the bad with the good. Too many 'fair-weather' people around in the football world these days. We find we have more 'supporters' now than we had a couple of years ago for example. I probably suffered more mickey-taking as a lad as did many other Rangers supporters because I lived in more or less central London at the time and was surrounded by Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham etc. supporters who were at the time much better teams.

I am currently putting together a book called "The Old Days" and going back to my first match against Torquay when I was three years old in 1939. Incidentally I should add that I didn't go on my own! In that I recall, as well as the glory days, some of the awful times we went through. Even then I still enjoyed my football regardless.

Stick with it guys.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
:lol:
Epic fail Gramps!!

basically, I just wanted to leave this one message.

Thanks for your kind words.

I too can remember Bill Shortt, Georgie Dews, Maurice Tadman, Gordon Astall, Johnny Porteous.

Doesn't seem like almost 60 years, does it?

:lol:

Edit to add...How the hell could I forget Jumbo!!!

Lesley Somerville

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Great to hear from you and this is an example of what football means to a community, binding people together and giving us common ground as well as the opportunity for rivalry and banter. yes we'll survive, in spite of the people who don't care a fig about the soul of football. Which is why it's so important that JB owns us, because he 'gets' it, after a little persuasion from the Trust!
Onwards and upwards

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Thanks Gramps. I think all Argyle fans remember the reaction of your fans when we won the Championship back in 2004. Your fans were very gracious and were a credit to QPR. Many of us also still hold Warnock in very high regard so I'm definitely hoping you survive this year.

G

Greenskin

Thank you for your thoughts.I may now even forgive Rodney for diving for a penalty at the Devonport End on Boxing Day 1967. :lol: Caused a riot,that did!

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Although you are now a Premiership team I will always remember,

2-0,

Evans & Friio

24/4/04

Thanks for the message, I wish all the best for QPR and hope they can become a stable Premier League and even in a couple years I hope they become contenders for a top 4 finish :thumbup:

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Been to QPR many times over the years and always been impressed by the fans.Many thanks for the message of goodwill and by the way you are even older than me.Cheers mate.