FA Cup Final | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup Final

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The Met police are refusing to sanction the 5.30pm kick off and are telling The FA to bring the kick off time forward

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Can understand why to be honest

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It may enable me to watch one. I've deliberately not watched a single one since the switch to an early evening kick-off. Similarly, I've not watched a single semi-final since they switched them to Wembley. Take this season - two sets of fans from Manchester, 1730 kick-off and if there is extra time and penalties, it doesn't finish until close to 2000 hours. By the time those travelling by train get out of the stadium and on to their trains to Manchester it will be closing on 2045. Thoughtless by the FA, but then what is new about that?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It may enable me to watch one. I've deliberately not watched a single one since the switch to an early evening kick-off. Similarly, I've not watched a single semi-final since they switched them to Wembley. Take this season - two sets of fans from Manchester, 1730 kick-off and if there is extra time and penalties, it doesn't finish until close to 2000 hours. By the time those travelling by train get out of the stadium and on to their trains to Manchester it will be closing on 2045. Thoughtless by the FA, but then what is new about that?
On Sunday the last train back to Plymouth was 20:03. I got on it after watching the last penalty, sprinting down Wembley way, 2 tube trains and rushing through Paddington at 20:02. I didn’t enjoy any of the extra time or penalties as I was thinking I’d need to spend another £400 on a hotel for the family and then new train tickets. Absolutely crazy scheduling kick offs for that time. BTW the nonsense about United fans being in London does make me laugh. I was surrounded by Mancs on Sunday with the exception of one Irish lad and a Japanese couple behind us. The concourse was rammed northern accents too.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much! :ROFLMAO:
I wonder if the commissioner is also concerned about female United fans who have had too much to drink coming into contact with some of his constables!!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much! :ROFLMAO:
Pointing out someones ignorance is not protesting too much.

In fairness to Ian, he knows a lot about United and how good the support is. It's the people that have no idea I was helping out. As @jerryatricjanner posted on another thread about the atmosphere being poor on TV that feeds in to the United fans being from Surrey (not that he was), the reality is that it was actually the best I've been to at Wembley and I include the EURO final in that (even before it went 1v1).

• Haha
Reactions: Alan Turing

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
When I lived in Manchester the stat that was always quoted was that there were more United fans than City in Manchester itself, but a higher proportion of City's match-going fans were local. It was certainly always noticable on United home matchdays how many tourists in red and white there were wandering around the city centre, although it must be said this is when City were just the penniless noisy neighbours rather than the trophy machine they are these days.

The idea that all of United's fans are tourists from down south is plainly untrue, although the ubiquity of United fans all around the country (especially down here) does give it a certain credence. We all know plenty of Janner United fans and they weren't always particularly generous in victory during the Ferguson years, shall we say, so it's probably fair enough that they get a bit of stick in return.

May 8, 2011
When I lived in Manchester the stat that was always quoted was that there were more United fans than City in Manchester itself, but a higher proportion of City's match-going fans were local. It was certainly always noticable on United home matchdays how many tourists in red and white there were wandering around the city centre, although it must be said this is when City were just the penniless noisy neighbours rather than the trophy machine they are these days.

The idea that all of United's fans are tourists from down south is plainly untrue, although the ubiquity of United fans all around the country (especially down here) does give it a certain credence. We all know plenty of Janner United fans and they weren't always particularly generous in victory during the Ferguson years, shall we say, so it's probably fair enough that they get a bit of stick in return.
I suspect the issue is that City fans believe a higher proportion of their fans live in Manchester, whereas United fans mainly live outside Manchester in the neighbouring boroughs of Trafford, Salford, Bury and Stockport, after all Old Trafford isn’t in Manchester.
Everton fans have the same perception concerning Liverpool fans, one of their chants at the derby aimed at their fans is ‘the city is ours, f..k off back to Norway’.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Nothing changes. Back in the 70's the majority of my school classmates were 'United'/'ManU' ' 'fans'.
My Leicester fan workmate (from Leicester) told me how Man Utd 'fans' used to wave wads of bank notes at the Leicester fans during the Ferguson years. He absolutely despises them.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Nothing changes. Back in the 70's the majority of my school classmates were 'United'/'ManU' ' 'fans'.
My Leicester fan workmate (from Leicester) told me how Man Utd 'fans' used to wave wads of bank notes at the Leicester fans during the Ferguson years. He absolutely despises them.
I know way more Liverpool fans from growing up than I do United.

I could point out loads of them in every Argyle away end at each game. (when I was growing up in the 80's United weren't very good either, hence them all being Liverpool fans).

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
According to The Daily Mail
The FA Cup final will kick-off at 3pm for the first time in 12 years when Manchester City meet Manchester United at Wembley next month.

• Love
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie