FA cup 1st round (home to Stevenage) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA cup 1st round (home to Stevenage)

Jul 29, 2010
driscollberg":17o8xoxj said:
With the weather, how is the pitch going to be? I know it could have monsoons and still be ok but we’ve had a lot of rain today and tonight.

Also are we not doing armed forces day tomorrow? Seems they have missed a little bit of a trick
Armed Forces Day is a set date... 30/6/18 and the next one is the 29/6/19. But I agree that some sort of military involvement would be good, perhaps there will be?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ve seen a lot of squaddies around HP this week so perhaps there will be.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
meetoo":2vzcoufu said:
driscollberg":2vzcoufu said:
With the weather, how is the pitch going to be? I know it could have monsoons and still be ok but we’ve had a lot of rain today and tonight.

Also are we not doing armed forces day tomorrow? Seems they have missed a little bit of a trick
Armed Forces Day is a set date... 30/6/18 and the next one is the 29/6/19. But I agree that some sort of military involvement would be good, perhaps there will be?

Don't think anything will beat the Help for Heroes day a few years ago. Seeing Pilgrim Pete abseil down the Lyndy and the spontaneous round of applause before kickoff.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Sep 6, 2006

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3d8o3ef4 said:
GreenThing":3d8o3ef4 said:
Balham_Green":3d8o3ef4 said:
Winchelsea Green":3d8o3ef4 said:
Ref Swap with the second club in Devon. They now have Lee Collins, we have Alan Young : https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/ref ... ee_id=1884

Mike

Whoever it is they are bound to be anti Argyle! And it will definitely be their fault if we lose.

Like a bleddy stuck record.

You are right! Every wfeek the ref gets blamed

The ‘rate the ref’ poll says otherwise. Don’t let the facts get run the way.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":rqlywf8h said:
Balham_Green":rqlywf8h said:
GreenThing":rqlywf8h said:
Balham_Green":rqlywf8h said:
Winchelsea Green":rqlywf8h said:
Ref Swap with the second club in Devon. They now have Lee Collins, we have Alan Young : https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/ref ... ee_id=1884

Mike

Whoever it is they are bound to be anti Argyle! And it will definitely be their fault if we lose.

Ah so a poll is 'a fact' now is it? Interesting. I didn't say anywhere that that everybody blamed the ref did I?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2gxjdxk2 said:
GreenThing":2gxjdxk2 said:
GreenThing":2gxjdxk2 said:
Winchelsea Green":2gxjdxk2 said:

Mike

Ah so a poll is 'a fact' now is it? Interesting. I didn't say anywhere that that everybody blamed the ref did I?

Erm, you said it will definitely be the refs fault if we loose.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I noticed that Luke Jephcott was not included in the squad that played Bristol City last night. I would have thought that would have been more beneficial to him than warming the bench today.

Perhaps, he will be in the starting line up.

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":12dzzo61 said:
GreenThing":12dzzo61 said:
Balham_Green":12dzzo61 said:
Winchelsea Green":12dzzo61 said:

Mike

The ‘rate the ref’ poll says otherwise. Don’t let the facts get run the way.[/quote]

Ah so a poll is 'a fact' now is it? Interesting. I didn't say anywhere that that everybody blamed the ref did I?[/quote]

Erm, you said it will definitely be the refs fault if we loose.[/quote]

In the eyes of some/quite a few.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Hopefully we will see the same side that played against Sunderland last weekend, this is a game we should be expecting to go out and win.

We should respect the opposition, being confident that we have a strong enough team to overcome them (without being complacent).