Ennis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ennis

Oct 14, 2015
Don’t normally like to criticise our players but I’m glad Ennis is back as Hardie hasn’t appeared interested or bothered last few games..

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Don’t normally like to criticise our players but I’m glad Ennis is back as Hardie hasn’t appeared interested or bothered last few games..
To be fair to Hardie with Luke dropping deeper to pick up the ball Ryan has been left a bit isolated and often double marked. in the Wycombe game he was double marked with a further defender stood a yard or 2 off them to stop the runs in behind.
As for Luke I think when he doesn’t have time to think he just smashes it goal bound when he’s sat deeper he seems to overthink and then the chance has gone.

Reactions: philevs
Oct 14, 2015
So you think one effort on goal which was subsequently disallowed and his performance against Wigan and Charlton were ok??

He hasn’t, in my opinion, been good enough last few games.
So you think he wasn't bothered when his goal was ruled out for offside? :unsure:
What else did he do over 90 mins other than have a goal disallowed??

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
So you think one effort on goal which was subsequently disallowed and his performance against Wigan and Charlton were ok??

He hasn’t, in my opinion, been good enough last few games.

What else did he do over 90 mins other than have a goal disallowed??
You said he wasn't interested or bothered. I said he was.
If you can show me where I said he played well I'll owe you a pint.

Oct 14, 2015
Yeah fair point maybe not interested or bothered was the wrong terminology on my part.

Maybe he could do with a rest to freshen up..

Reactions: philevs
May 16, 2016
Jephcott can sometimes suffer with having too much time if he's after goals. He's an instinctive finisher but can't combine it with his ability to play deeper when required. Ennis looked sharp for the few minutes he was on but it's extremely early days in re-establishing himself.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Was great to see Niall on the pitch but i doubt he will be playing a full 90 minutes against MK Dons on Wednesday - RL will probably want to built up his game time over the next couple of weeks so our other strikers will have to share the load over the next couple of weeks until Niall his able to be on the pitch for an entire game

Reactions: ealinggreen

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think too many are relying on Ennis to solve any perceived striking problems we might have. I know stats don't tell the full picture but our record as a team was worse if anything after Ennis broke up the Jephcott/Hardie partnership last season. He has a record at our level of 12 in 60 games so he isn't exactly prolific as a scorer.
Am I pleased he is back?, yes because he adds something different to the squad but he has more to do for me before being acclaimed as the Messiah.

Reactions: briangreen

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hardie needs a break.

He’s almost robotic in his runs now when sometimes he needs to mix it up.

I think he’s a better ‘run in behind’ striker when we play more direct against slower defences.

Reactions: Welwyn Pilgrim

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
How can anyone say Hardie is not interested. Did you not see the joy on his face today when he came up to hug Jephcott at the end of the game - he wants this team to win.
I think it's his languid style that can frustrate, and the fact he is very weak when back to goal. That part of his game reminds me, unfortunately for him, of Steve MacLean. Fortunately, he has a lot more to offer in terms of pace, finishing and yes, giving a damn.