England vs Belgium | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England vs Belgium

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Given this performance is without our entire starting back four and best two forward players, this has been pretty good overall.

Mainoo has to go to the Euros. We’re lacking options in that position and he has so much ability and pairing him with Rice allows him have less defensive responsibility.

Bowen doing his squad chances no harm either, very lively.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Given this performance is without our entire starting back four and best two forward players, this has been pretty good overall.

Mainoo has to go to the Euros. We’re lacking options in that position and he has so much ability and pairing him with Rice allows him have less defensive responsibility.

Bowen doing his squad chances no harm either, very lively.
Agree with all of that.

Reactions: memory man

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I'm surprised Pickford has played tonight. If he gets injured between now and the Euros we have very inexperienced keepers. Ideal time tonight to have replaced him

Reactions: Belfast Green

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Lots of decent performances, however Chilwell, Dunk and Gomez have been poor. Couple of poor errors have cost us tonight, fans doing a Mexican wave when we are losing has upset me more than it should have .

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Lots of decent performances, however Chilwell, Dunk and Gomez have been poor. Couple of poor errors have cost us tonight, fans doing a Mexican wave when we are losing has upset me more than it should have .
Dunk is woeful. Deary me.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Bellingham!!! No more than England deserve after a good performance, except at the back!

Reactions: Daz

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Chilwell nowhere near the player he once was for Leicester. If we are short of left backs I would be looking at Burn, the Newcastle lad.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Chilwell nowhere near the player he once was for Leicester. If we are short of left backs I would be looking at Burn, the Newcastle lad.

It’ll be Luke Shaw and Kieran Trippier in the summer. I think the first 11 almost picks itself at this point, just the full backs and left wing sort of up for grabs.

Pickford
Walker/Trent
Stones
Maguire
Shaw/Trippier
Rice
Mainoo
Bellingham
Saka
Kane
Rashford/Foden

Should be a squad brimming with talent. Still remains to be seen whether Southgate can let the handbrake off or change a game well enough to get us over the line, but I’m hopeful.

Reactions: Daz

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
Not a win but at least it felt like some learning took place, and it was much less sideways. This may be due to the fact that ,chasing the game for nearly all of it, we HAD to look to create things.
As said above Chilwell , Dunk & Gomez poor : Mainoo v good ( glad GS saw sense to add him to the squad despite his youth) and Bowen was decent and can trouble opposition. Plus - if its going to penalties get Toney on !
My son asked if this was as good as England squad as I'd known and after a couple minutes thinking I realised we have had a number of equal / better squads from 1990 onwards ( I'm too young to remember '66 / 70 etc)
In that sense I cut Southgate some slack - I think we are overhyping our quality a bit even though we have plenty.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It’ll be Luke Shaw and Kieran Trippier in the summer. I think the first 11 almost picks itself at this point, just the full backs and left wing sort of up for grabs.

Pickford
Walker/Trent
Stones
Maguire
Shaw/Trippier
Rice
Mainoo
Bellingham
Saka
Kane
Rashford/Foden

Should be a squad brimming with talent. Still remains to be seen whether Southgate can let the handbrake off or change a game well enough to get us over the line, but I’m hopeful.
Personally I wouldn't have Rashford or Maguire anywhere near the side. Maguire simply not quick enough for the modern game and Rashford simply seems distracted.

Reactions: greenpig27

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Painfully weak at CBs and an expercienced ACM thought Mainoo was excellent today but a lot resting on him and Jude's young shoulders. Shame Phillips career went off track he looked bob on to take over from Hendo at one point. Kane and Saka in there we have a chance but not buying into the usual press over hype of this squad. We've failed with better more balanced squads in the past but will have a chance this Euro's, will be cheering them on in my genuine Chinese copy shirt that price is just obscene. 1990 was the point I resigned myself to never seeing England winning a WC and 96 any cup but GS sort of revived the hope still split on whether that's a good or a bad thing:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Personally I wouldn't have Rashford or Maguire anywhere near the side. Maguire simply not quick enough for the modern game and Rashford simply seems distracted.

Apparently Rashford is carrying a injury since February

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Not would I mate. Not many alternatives for Maguire though. Unfortunately.