England v Panama | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England v Panama

Oct 31, 2015
Balham_Green":3ekr613d said:
rsp4":3ekr613d said:
Balham_Green":3ekr613d said:
rsp4":3ekr613d said:
Not seen anything like this from an England team in my lifetime. The 5-0 against Germany was something similar

5.1! Daft to suggest beating Germany is similar to Panama.

Cheers for your opinion

So you really think it's similar?

5 goals in any 45 minute spell against proffesional players is a tremendous effort. England v Germany was 2 and 3 all be it they scored first.

Cant see how this wasnt as good an effort if not better. But that is my opinion put forward in a way that is a view instead of a comment like daft and trying to be the big I am :)

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":2pyweqca said:
rsp4":2pyweqca said:
Balham_Green":2pyweqca said:
rsp4":2pyweqca said:
Not seen anything like this from an England team in my lifetime. The 5-0 against Germany was something similar

Cheers for your opinion

I see what you mean, one was a meaningless friendly against a country's most depleted side in generations, the other was at a World Cup finals watched by 25,000,000 in the UK alone and the whole world watching.

Aug 5, 2016
Lee Pitt":7c2xxv9a said:
It wasn’t a friendly against Germany, it was a World Cup qualifier in their territory.

Fair enough, still it was a terrible German team by their standards and not at a World Cup finals. Fans all over the world just watched that.

Panama are no mugs, they legitimately qualified and England scored twice as many as Belgium did with all their world class attacking players. How about we give Southgate and England some credit?

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":2a5b4adr said:
Balham_Green":2a5b4adr said:
rsp4":2a5b4adr said:
Balham_Green":2a5b4adr said:
rsp4":2a5b4adr said:

Cheers for your opinion

I see what you mean, one was a meaningless friendly against a country's most depleted side in generations, the other was at a World Cup finals watched by 25,000,000 in the UK alone and the whole world watching.

Really is a ridiculous argument.
So you seriously think playing Germany AWAY(not a friendly) is on a par with playing Panama (of whom quite a few in the team would struggle to get in Argyle's team). And this' depleted Germany.' Remind me how they got on in the following years World Cup.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2bxgq9uo said:
Lee Pitt":2bxgq9uo said:
It wasn’t a friendly against Germany, it was a World Cup qualifier in their territory.

Fair enough, still it was a terrible German team by their standards and not at a World Cup finals. Fans all over the world just watched that.

Would that be the German team that shrugged off being beaten in a World Cup Qualifier by England, on their own turf and went on to win the competition? :greensmile:

Aug 5, 2016
They would struggle to get into a League One team? What is that judgement based on?

A lot of them play in the MLS. They beat the USA to qualify who England with Gerrard and Rooney couldn't beat.

Aug 5, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":1ndq0tjq said:
Knibbsworth":1ndq0tjq said:
Lee Pitt":1ndq0tjq said:

Would that be the German team that shrugged off being beaten in a World Cup Qualifier by England, on their own turf and went on to win the competition? :greensmile:

I thought Brazil won in 2002? Ronaldinho lobbing Seaman in the quarter final, the game that many thought should have been the final.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":2cdfaf1g said:
They would struggle to get into a League One team? What is that judgement based on?

A lot of them play in the MLS. They beat the USA to qualify who England with Gerrard and Rooney couldn't beat.

You really don't know much do you? Panama actually lost 4
0 to USA. The game against Germany was NOT a friendly. And the German team you are so disparaging about came runners up 9 months later. Apart from that you are correct! Talking nonsense aren't you?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":2cvo2lhr said:
Knibbsworth":2cvo2lhr said:

0 to USA. The game against Germany was NOT a friendly. And the German team you are so disparaging about came runners up 9 months later. Apart from that you are correct! Talking nonsense aren't you?

Oh yes that's right, Panama beat Costa Rica to qualify OVER the USA. The same Costa Rica who won England's last World Cup group as England finished bottom. Not a bad feat for a bunch of lads who couldn't get into the Argyle side. Thanks for bringing that up.

Also I've just checked. Germany's World Cup final team was different to the team that lost to England to the tune of about six players.

It's like taking Harry Kane out for Andy Carroll, swapping John Stones for Phil Jones, playing Delph instead of Lingard, Milner instead of Dele Alli, James Tarkowski instead of Kyle Walker....then having Germans celebrate beating them as the best result of their lifetimes.

I remember quite clearly that Brazil's major obstacle to glory in 2002 was England in the quarter final. England were a better team than Germany at that World Cup, they just ran into Brazil sooner and weren't in the weaker half of the draw.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":2vsld0ss said:
Balham_Green":2vsld0ss said:
Knibbsworth":2vsld0ss said:

Oh yes that's right, Panama beat Costa Rica to qualify OVER the USA. The same Costa Rica who won England's last World Cup group as England finished bottom. Not a bad feat for a bunch of lads who couldn't get into the Argyle side. Thanks for bringing that up.

Also I've just checked. Germany's World Cup final team was different to the team that lost to England to the tune of about six players.

It's like taking Harry Kane out for Andy Carroll, swapping John Stones for Phil Jones, playing Delph instead of Lingard, Milner instead of Dele Alli, James Tarkowski instead of Kyle Walker....then having Germans celebrate beating them as the best result of their lifetimes.

I remember quite clearly that Brazil's major obstacle to glory in 2002 was England in the quarter final. England were a better team than Germany at that World Cup, they just ran into Brazil sooner and weren't in the weaker half of the draw.

It's not worth arguing if you are so daft as to think the 2 results comparable then come up with so many inaccuracies to try to justify it then are too immature to admit you are wrong. However you are right on ONE point only. Panama did beat Costa Rica on qualifying. Costa Rica had ALREADY qualified so nothing to play for. They finished way ahead of Panama. But if you want to have orgasms over beating such a weak side you enjoy your moment.

And your memory of 2002 is very deluded to but nothing new there.

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":23viasyb said:
Knibbsworth":23viasyb said:
Balham_Green":23viasyb said:
Knibbsworth":23viasyb said:

It's not worth arguing if you are so daft as to think the 2 results comparable then come up with so many inaccuracies to try to justify it then are too immature to admit you are wrong. However you are right on ONE point only. Panama did beat Costa Rica on qualifying. Costa Rica had ALREADY qualified so nothing to play for. They finished way ahead of Panama. But if you want to have orgasms over beating such a weak side you enjoy your moment.

And your memory of 2002 is very deluded too but nothing new there.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3uzil6by said:
Knibbsworth":3uzil6by said:
Balham_Green":3uzil6by said:
Knibbsworth":3uzil6by said:

And your memory of 2002 is very deluded to but nothing new there.

So in other words you have answered zero of my points. Re-read the post and try again. Also Panama DID beat the USA to qualify by virtue of the fact Panama made it and the USA didn't. Read up on Concacaf qualification rather than believe I am making inaccuracies.