Embargo for Sheffield Wednesday | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Embargo for Sheffield Wednesday

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Looks like Wednesday need £2 million from supporters to pay tax man and wages.

Looks like 1st points deduction of the season may be on the cards, lets hope there are a few more !

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I don't know about that Ian, when we lose out on players due to silly wages, that clubs can't afford I have no sympathy when this sort of event comes around.

Sympathy for genuine supporters as always, but lets not forget SW we're paying several players 20k a week and above in League 1, that's not right, especially when you have such large debts.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
A season going from bad to worst for the Owls- totally feel for the fans

Mr Chansiri has a lot to answer for

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Really?

I'd rather do what we have to do on the pitch rather than wait for clubs to go mammaries up.

I'm surprise any Argyle fan would want another team to go through that (unless it's Milton Keynes).
Need to end the false funding of teams to get a fair playing field, how else will it happen ?

Reactions: boletus edulis

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
I think administration is a real prospect for Wednesday. Wages were meant to be paid today and they have already defaulted with HMRC. I remember another chairman seeking money from fans to pay an HMRC bill. We all now know how that ended up.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I think admin is a bit extreme.

Also, if it happens so be it, but wishing for it is a tad crass in my opinion.
People conveniently forgetting what we went through.
Wanting a club the size of Wednesday to brought to its knees is shocking, and what about the average jo at the club?
Its the fans and the staff that suffer, the players will always be paid elsewhere, but the staff fall back on universal credit!
I would never wish a club to go through what we did, I just hope they sort themselves out.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think administration is a real prospect for Wednesday. Wages were meant to be paid today and they have already defaulted with HMRC. I remember another chairman seeking money from fans to pay an HMRC bill. We all now know how that ended up.

For the Trustees, very badly Graham. :mad:

Never forgive him for that.

Jan 27, 2006
The real worry for Wednesday is if it came to it who would put them in administration? HMRC as the floating charge holder won't and Chansiri appears too much of a narcissist to give up control voluntarily.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
I feel very sorry for those employees who (it seems) are not being paid on time (not so much sympathy for the $20k/week players mind).
Payment of wages should be on time - not the Wednesday week after next.

Reactions: greenpig27
Apr 1, 2009
I think this is a bluff and a go at the fans. £2million small change to a man who's family is hugely wealthy. Nevertheless not a healthy club.

Reactions: babbelquack