Embargo for Sheffield Wednesday | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Embargo for Sheffield Wednesday

babbelquack

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Apr 9, 2023
As I've said for a while, it will get worse before it gets better, whatever that may be, League 1, League 2, National League, Admin, Liquidation who knows. I wouldn't bet against any of them.

Not paying HMRC never ends well, I wonder if this is Chancer sticking to his guns of not putting money in or as some suspect he's run out of cash and doesn't have a pot to p*ss in?

Either way this is money that has been deducted from employees wages so should be paid without question.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We've been there mate, we've stared into the precipice of liquidation.

Admin was our darkest of times.

Reactions: babbelquack

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Chairman asks fans to raise £2m

Some wages may not be paid it seems.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Gets from bad to worst for the stricken Owls
How lucky are we with our exemplary Custodian

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend

This is the same chairman who has spent the last year having a go at the fans?

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon

He's really not trying to endear himself with his fans, is he? Saying that if they're the owners and he's just the custodian then they should stump up the £2million the HMRC is owed? And this will only dig them out of a hole for one month: Chansiri can't expect the fans to do this every month.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I'm out of my field of knowledge here, but if he can't/won't put funding into the club (I think the former), and if Wednesday are running at a loss, and have no reserves to pay wages, then aren't they technically insolvent?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I'm out of my field of knowledge here, but if he can't/won't put funding into the club (I think the former), and if Wednesday are running at a loss, and have no reserves to pay wages, then aren't they technically insolvent?

I would say so, but, no expertise either.

Failure to pay wages usually sees a points deduction penalty, although these can be suspended. Last thing they need after their first win is all this inner turmoil.

Have to feel for the fans who are supporting their team in numbers and now being told to cough up more money.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
They need to stand up to this loser and not pay HIS debt