Edwards. Wow! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Edwards. Wow!

Jun 27, 2019
I’m sure they’re intended to emphasise his professionalism and work rate rather than as criticisms, but I think phrases like ‘not the best technically’ are misplaced. He’s an excellent player, as well as having a tremendous work rate. I’m amazed this is pretty much the highest level he’s played at.
Joe has been unlucky with his club choices over the years.

His career started with a promotion from League One after he joined Yeovil from Bristol City as a 22-year-old. He then suffered two successive relegations as Yeovil went from the Championship straight down to League Two.

It's difficult to make an impression in a relegated team, never mind a double-relegated one, and Joe ended up at League One Colchester after deciding to leave Yeovil. Unluckily for him, he had exchanged one poor team for another and Colchester were also relegated at the end of his only season with them.

By that stage of his career Joe has suffered three consecutive relegations and you could almost say he was damaged goods. The best he could do for his next move was sign for League One Walsall. Three seasons with them - which were tainted by a serious injury - ended with yet another relegation.

He then experienced a stroke of luck in that Argyle were also relegated and were looking for experience and leadership to help them get out of League Two. The rest is history.

This is without doubt the golden period of Joe's career and I'm sure he thanks his lucky stars that Ryan Lowe came along when he did. As should we.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
He has become one of my favourite players to ever wear the green. He’s an absolute machine. I do hope he sees out his career with us as he’s up there for me with legends of the past. For a little dude, he is just packed with energy, commitment and heart. He needs a new contract as he’s coming to the end this season isn’t he?

Reactions: David Doidge
Jul 10, 2022
A real captain’s performance full of energy and commitment. He was still bombing up an down in the 90th minute was truly inspirational I was sweating buckets just watching him

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
32 in October.

Real shame because he’s immense and I’d like to see him at argyle for another 5 years.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
A pro`s pro.

Oct 31, 2015
I said to my son yesterday that Nallis and McCall are my all time favourite players but Joe 90 is up there.

Part of the reason we faltered at the end of last season was because he was out. He is absolutely massive for us. On an off day he would get a 7/10.

Such an example as a skipper and long may it continue. Take us into the Championship Joe👍

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The move from the sitting central midfielder to wing-back has revitalised him.
His work rate is fantastic and I guess it's rare to see an older pro play in the stamina sapping position of wing-back and yet he runs further than a lot of his younger team mates.

His second half performance yesterday was the single best 45 minute performance by any Argyle player for a long time.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The wrong side of 30, but with his levels of fitness he will easily warrant a 2 year extension.
I think so.

The only issue with that is playing the WB role is so demanding. We do need some cover to let him recover some matches.

Grant will provide that hopefully

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I noticed Steven Sessegnon played at left back for Charlton yesterday so Edwards will be up against him on Tuesday.