Drifting odds (Argyle betting) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drifting odds (Argyle betting)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Best odds for champions is down from 40/1 to 25/1 and for promotion from 12/1 to 8/1.

Some bookies are only offering 18/1 for champions and 6/1 for promotion.

Aug 5, 2016
ChepstowGreen":2cyp9j54 said:
Surely this price isn't going to last but has anyone else noticed that SkyBet has chalked us up at 40/1 to win L1 and 12/1 for promotion..

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... e-1/winner

Looks like Argyle are being underestimated again.

No doubt if we have a slow start we're going to go really huge prices again, part of me's almost hoping that happens so we can make a good few quid again as Derek works his magic!!!

COYG

Are we being under estimated, or are our fans getting overly excited?

Most of our signings are unknowns and young ones at that. Seismic changes in the defence including the back up options and goalkeeper.

On the plus side it will be difficult to have a worse start than we did last season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
mervyn":1kpojosj said:
Can someone educate me please. Do the odds reflect what bookies think will happen, (I suppose they must to begin with), or do they later reflect the bets which are being placed? I ask this because our own odds look totally out of kilter.
I would suggest that serious gamblers would have looked at the odds on offer and considered that 40/1 against was generous for a team that was bottom of League 1 in early December and finished in 7th position. I am not a serious gambler but it certainly looked generous to me.

I would also suggest that they have looked at the signings that PAFC have made in the last few weeks and the success record of our manager over the time that he has been with us.

Nothing is certain in the gambling world but when you compare our chances with those of Sunderland (3/1), who would you prefer to risk £5 on?

If you can afford to risk £5, £10 or more for a bit of fun it’s worth having a flutter. If not, keep your money in your pocket.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Who has put a bet on Argyle this coming season then ? Or are you waiting to see if the bookies give us brilliant odds again if we have a poor start like last season. Ive got us and Sunderland top two any order @66-1, us to win outright, us to be top six, them lot up the road DIV2, and Torquay to win their league, I put Argyles bets on two weeks ago, and since then I could now double my stake money if I cashed out now ?

Jul 29, 2010
I haven't. Betting is a mugs game.

While I think of it, I noticed a trend creeping in, and growing, last season. Boring repetitive 'odds chat' spreading across multiple threads that it has no place.

This thread fair enough, it's titled appropriately so I could've avoided it. But regular niche sub conversations within the (insert team here) threads?, every thread towards the end of the season discussing play-off or promotion prospects?... unnecessary and dull.

Betting companies have already insidiously infected football, plastered all over shirts, football stadia and live game advertising.

Please don't let betting infect football message boards too. Leave us one sanctuary from Ray bleedin Winstone and his "world's most popular bettin' caaaaaaampany" :yawn:

May 22, 2006
thanks for your contribution.

Anyway continuing with the thread, Argyle to achieve promotion is 8-1 at William Hill which I thought was a bit tight. Are Will Hill known for being like that or is there genuinely more confidence in Argyle than I'd thought?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ham Green":1bcs0vw7 said:
thanks for your contribution.

Anyway continuing with the thread, Argyle to achieve promotion is 8-1 at William Hill which I thought was a bit tight. Are Will Hill known for being like that or is there genuinely more confidence in Argyle than I'd thought?
That's higher than Skybet's 13/2. It's 5/2 for top 6 and 22/1 to win the league.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Got 13/2 for play off place on Sky bet

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
X Isle":s4pvhpwd said:
I haven't. Betting is a mugs game.

While I think of it, I noticed a trend creeping in, and growing, last season. Boring repetitive 'odds chat' spreading across multiple threads that it has no place.

This thread fair enough, it's titled appropriately so I could've avoided it. But regular niche sub conversations within the (insert team here) threads?, every thread towards the end of the season discussing play-off or promotion prospects?... unnecessary and dull.

Betting companies have already insidiously infected football, plastered all over shirts, football stadia and live game advertising.

Please don't let betting infect football message boards too. Leave us one sanctuary from Ray bleedin Winstone and his "world's most popular bettin' caaaaaaampany" :yawn:

This.

I don't mind betting myself though, a couple of quid on an accumulator at the weekend.
But towards the end of last season whilst we almost achieved the unthinkable of bottom at Xmas to play offs and the buzz around argyle was massive every thread on this site seemed to be talking about the odds and cash outs people had rather than the actual football.

Whilst I don't mind looking at a specific thread talking about the odds of our chances next season the betting companies really have infected the game to make it one of the first things that comes to some fans minds when chatting about football.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
You'll get odds on for betting to creep up in conversation again. Seriously though, get a life. If people want to gamble on the success or failure of our club or any other and want to talk about it on this forum then they should be free to did so. If however, you want to avoid such talk then skip the parts where people talk about it and find your usual spot to have a moan and tell people how wonderful life is in your world.

So, someone explain to me how I jump on the bandwagon of excitement, I want to have the adventure of betting on top half, top six and promotion with the possibilities of cashing out. I was enthralled last season and so pleased to see people getting something out of our amazing season.

I’m a bit mixed on this subject. With a compulsive interest in numbers I find any information on the betting odds surrounding Argyle a fascinating read. However it also worries me that football has become one of many ways of expanding the betting market, pulling in people who are addiction prone, and wrecking lives with betting shops containing machines where you can lose a hundred quid every 20 seconds. I guess it’s all about finding a balance.