Drainage Problem/No Contract signed. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drainage Problem/No Contract signed.

May 16, 2016
IJN":lpmedyei said:
Drainage issue? Is there one? If there is, I doubt very much if JB is in discussions with anyone about it. Tony Hopwood would, I'm sure, deal with anything even considered an 'issue', which there probably isn't.

That's the bit about those 'in the know' about all the pitfalls and problems of the refurb that is baffling me. Do they really think JB is sleeves up, hands on with all of this ? Blaming him for every rumoured setback or Planning Failure. For a set of people portraying themselves as being on the ball, there's a fair amount of naivety on display at times.

I'd have thought the people tasked with actually doing the job are the ones to aim at, should there be a need. Blame him for his choices in appointments, but the day to day c8ck ups ? The last extension I had built, the Planning people liased with the builders, not me.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, running PAFC is not even his day job.

That’s chairing an NHS Trust, the evil shyster :whistle:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Biggs":q0n8ahtm said:
Yep, running PAFC is not even his day job.

That’s chairing an NHS Trust, the evil shyster :whistle:

You've been reading Freec Hat too much. :)

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":srg5waes said:
Drainage issue? Is there one? If there is, I doubt very much if JB is in discussions with anyone about it. Tony Hopwood would, I'm sure, deal with anything even considered an 'issue', which there probably isn't.

Absolutely correct Ian, JB has Tony Hopwood in position to do such jobs.

However, 8 months after planning permission was granted and even longer from when TH spoke to planning and would have been advised of such matters. More recently he has been back to PCC and yet still PCC are not satisfied about drainage, as Im guessing, are SWW.

So it is no surprise we are where we are. Time is marching on, it was known last year what had to be done and still we await progress.

Kentish Green I think you are being a little naughty, the drainage issue is not rumour it is a fact. My advice is don't listen to rumours, stick to facts.

I wonder if all those people who thought it benevolent of Akkeron to put in a joint application are so disposed today?

The changing rooms and supporters bars due to be completed, originally for the start of the season (2018/19) are a long distant memory.

The work that has been carried out, was preparatory and subject to a separate contract but to date the actual contract for the refurbishment of the Grandstand and the new extension are still awaited. GL Events seem to be in pole position but can't agree a contract for the work.

And all the time costs rise. The original £6 million to include the roof will not be enough for what was proposed. Therefore we either will face cutbacks or someone will need to raise the cash. It is clear SH has the cash but equally as clear JB does not wish to water down his 50.1% holding.

It is sad the supporters forum did not go ahead, but equally, it is sadder the promised answers to questions posed have not been made available.

May 8, 2011
tonycholwell":3br6o99s said:
IJN":3br6o99s said:

However, 8 months after planning permission was granted and even longer from when TH spoke to planning and would have been advised of such matters. More recently he has been back to PCC and yet still PCC are not satisfied about drainage, as Im guessing, are SWW.

So it is no surprise we are where we are. Time is marching on, it was known last year what had to be done and still we await progress.

Kentish Green I think you are being a little naughty, the drainage issue is not rumour it is a fact. My advice is don't listen to rumours, stick to facts.

I wonder if all those people who thought it benevolent of Akkeron to put in a joint application are so disposed today?

The changing rooms and supporters bars due to be completed, originally for the start of the season (2018/19) are a long distant memory.

The work that has been carried out, was preparatory and subject to a separate contract but to date the actual contract for the refurbishment of the Grandstand and the new extension are still awaited. GL Events seem to be in pole position but can't agree a contract for the work.

And all the time costs rise. The original £6 million to include the roof will not be enough for what was proposed. Therefore we either will face cutbacks or someone will need to raise the cash. It is clear SH has the cash but equally as clear JB does not wish to water down his 50.1% holding.

It is sad the supporters forum did not go ahead, but equally, it is sadder the promised answers to questions posed have not been made available.

As it was GL Events who produced and submitted the most recent documents relating to the planning conditions and not Tony Hopwood, I would suggest they are more than in pole position.

As for funding of any supposed increased costs, the Club has the means through either its own cash resources or using the existing borrowing facilities it has to meet that.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
HC Green":3k9sy5bu said:
tonycholwell":3k9sy5bu said:
IJN":3k9sy5bu said:

As it was GL Events who produced and submitted the most recent documents relating to the planning conditions and not Tony Hopwood, I would suggest they are more than in pole position.

As for funding of any supposed increased costs, the Club has the means through either its own cash resources or using the existing borrowing facilities it has to meet that.

And yet no contract has been signed.

Cash resources or borrowing facilities? please do tell.

Otherwise the necessary conditions would have been complied with to stop further delays.

Aug 5, 2005
tonycholwell":28n0n83m said:
IJN":28n0n83m said:

Tony, you say 'Don't listen to rumours, stick to facts' and then make some statements which seem to indicate that Mr Brent is blocking Mr Hallett from further investing in the club.

Are you presenting this as fact?

May 8, 2011
tonycholwell":2axa6x9f said:
HC Green":2axa6x9f said:
tonycholwell":2axa6x9f said:
IJN":2axa6x9f said:

Otherwise the necessary conditions would have been complied with to stop further delays.

The current issue isn’t to do with money, it is that information requested by the planners hasn’t been sufficient for them to tick all their boxes.

As for PAFC finances check their accounts.

Aug 5, 2015
How come you know all these facts Tony? Give us the facts about the drainage and finance issues. I’m dying to learn. At the moment none of these facts have been researched or publicised by any one. Plenty of rumour and innuendo but not much in the way of hard facts. It’s amazing how many facts you can pick up on this site. That’s why I keep coming.

May 16, 2016
I think the facts about the drainage are in the Public Domain somewhere on the PCC Planning Site. The facts are then open to interpretation and presented as seen fit to suit the point any individuals are trying to make.

I've seen stuff by one bloke where a pretty standard looking email response for information became ' being warned in no uncertain terms' and Brent being 'hauled over the coals' up to a severe reprimand. We were also getting a new Chairman / Owner by this time last week.

Whatever the 'fact' or 'fiction' is at present, the Club IMO, do need to come out with some form of update on the state of the refurb and planned progress, to explain where we're at, allay any fears or let the 'told you so' people have their moment in the online Spotlight. Either way - just be truthful, however painful that may be.

The Herald story about a semi temporary Control Room didnt address any questions.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I don't think the club needs to come out with anything on anything.

Some people just have to get off fo their soapboxes and go find something else to do with their lives rather than inventing "facts" to make themselves look like they're in the know.

Too many people are crying wolf over this, it'll be justified once the build is complete for everyone who has spouted a "fact" in this thread to justify themselves once it has been proven they're false. But I'm sure they will be spouting some other rubbish instead.

Whilst we're all customers of the club we're not entitled to know the ins and outs of everything that's happening. We're not important as some people seem to think they are.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mr Hooper is merely the carrier of ‘fact’ from other sources, this much is obvious.

He has as much knowledge of the building industry and the inner machinations of the club as I.

It seems very strange that a contract hasn’t been signed though, I would imagine there’s a reason for that. I doubt whether any of us know why though, perhaps Tony’s ‘pals’ the NAGS, think they know and in their usual way, have put two and two together.

Something seems to be up, but I trust the Bosrd members to make a decision that serves PAFC well. I’m also sure that the excited ramblings of a few self appointed self important pompous busybodies won’t help us much.

As an investor in the GT’s building, I have, as always, put my money where my mouth is, and I’m certainly not that concerned.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Quizmike":3fkzp5dr said:
tonycholwell":3fkzp5dr said:
IJN":3fkzp5dr said:

Tony, you say 'Don't listen to rumours, stick to facts' and then make some statements which seem to indicate that Mr Brent is blocking Mr Hallett from further investing in the club.

Are you presenting this as fact?

I don't think I have said he is blocking SH,nor said it was a fact, I have said it is clear, which is my opinion and written as such.

However, the facts about the drainage are clear, if anything I have understated it. They were known back in 2013, but they were even "more" known when PP was obtained in December and subsequent attempts to satisfy condition 19. This is part of the public record.

As someone whose seat is in the Grandstand I have an interest in this project being completed as soon as possible. I am concerned though that with current inflation in the building industry some compromises will be made to the scheme.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Guiri Green":faah12si said:
I think the facts about the drainage are in the Public Domain somewhere on the PCC Planning Site. The facts are then open to interpretation and presented as seen fit to suit the point any individuals are trying to make.

I've seen stuff by one bloke where a pretty standard looking email response for information became ' being warned in no uncertain terms' and Brent being 'hauled over the coals' up to a severe reprimand. We were also getting a new Chairman / Owner by this time last week.

Whatever the 'fact' or 'fiction' is at present, the Club IMO, do need to come out with some form of update on the state of the refurb and planned progress, to explain where we're at, allay any fears or let the 'told you so' people have their moment in the online Spotlight. Either way - just be truthful, however painful that may be.

The Herald story about a semi temporary Control Room didnt address any questions.

GG you are correct when you say the facts are in the public domain, 17/01684/OUT on the planning portal.

There is no dispute, the facts are quite simple. PCC gave planning permission in December 2017. In doing so they applied a number of conditions. These have not been complied with and so construction can not proceed even if the contract had been signed.

As for the rest of your post I agree the club perhaps need to explain where we are. On the other hand I can't comment on your 2nd paragraph as I have no knowledge of it.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
HC Green":x1zspspl said:
tonycholwell":x1zspspl said:
HC Green":x1zspspl said:
tonycholwell":x1zspspl said:
IJN":x1zspspl said:

The current issue isn’t to do with money, it is that information requested by the planners hasn’t been sufficient for them to tick all their boxes.

As for PAFC finances check their accounts.

I have, latest ones are up until December 2016, next ones due 30.09.2018, for the period up to 31.12.17.