Drainage Problem/No Contract signed. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drainage Problem/No Contract signed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
andyr1963":2y1bdb9d said:
Perhaps you could have a word with Mr Brent and find out why the drainage problem has yet to be tackled and hopefully report back here.

Should I take minutes and photographs Andy? :greensmile:

C

CADMAN

I'm sure any problems will be sorted out swiftly, just sounds like typical building/planning issues. It's times like this that this forum misses the sensible and well informed posts from Graham Clarke.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Hubble":5lqomjvq said:
I'm sure any problems will be sorted out swiftly, just sounds like typical building/planning issues. It's times like this that this forum misses the sensible and well informed posts from Graham Clarke.

No, it really doesn’t. Graham is one of the biggest ‘players to the crowd’ I’ve ever come across. He knows his stuff on developments, but he is a property developer (they’re all evil by the way aren’t they?) so he would know full well the issues that large projects come up with. He would post on here to question when he could have picked up the phone and asked the exact same questions and then told everyone the full facts.

I’ve met Graham many times and he’s a lovely man, but if I had the opportunity to influence like he’s had I would have taken it. He decided not to.

C

CADMAN

Well if he knows his stuff on developments, that will do for me. As for the rest of you post, thanks for endorsing what I said.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It should always be remembered that Graham was one of the 'fighters' for our club when Heaney and Guilfoyle were trying to do their damnedest.

I'd also remind everyone that he asked to be 100% deleted from this site, so perhaps it will be a good idea not to talk about him again.

C

CADMAN

IJN":1u27k1i0 said:
It should always be remembered that Graham was one of the 'fighters' for our club when Heaney and Guilfoyle were trying to do their damnedest.

I'd also remind everyone that he asked to be 100% deleted from this site, so perhaps it will be a good idea not to talk about him again.
Please tell me that last paragraph is a typo?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I do not know Graham but I do recall his contributions to Pasoti topics. I have missed his intelligent and knowledgeable posts that have, undoubtedly, been missed.

His experience with regard to planning information has been invaluable to this website and it’s members.

I sincerely hope that Graham Clarke can be persuaded to rejoin Pasoti.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've talked to him a few times since he left he knows he has an open invitation to return.

A

andyr1963

IJN":hxbsrely said:
andyr1963":hxbsrely said:
Perhaps you could have a word with Mr Brent and find out why the drainage problem has yet to be tackled and hopefully report back here.

Should I take minutes and photographs Andy? :greensmile:

No nothing of the sort. No need to go to any trouble. Just a simple word or two with your travelling companion.

Just why has the drainage issue not been sorted so the refurb of the grandstand can commence. It might just be ongoing negotiations on who is to fund the drainage work at Higher Home Park it may be eff me HOW MUCH? It might be something else entirely. I would really like to know. Is it really a great big secret? Or just a simple lack of communication?

Aug 5, 2015
I think some people have an over exaggerated level of expectation and are in severe need of a reality check.
Firstly what company, private or public, anywhere in the world provides its shareholders and any other interested parties with a blow by blow account of its day to day activities? Most of us are not shareholders or have any financial link with PAFC. Therefore we are not entitled to know anything and the club doesn’t need to tell us anything.
The unfortunate side effect is that this creates a vacuum in which rumours abound. This weeks rumours include -

there is no finance
Brent is being ousted
There is a drainage problem
John Pearce refused to lend his grey mare to Uncle Tom Cobbley and all

I think the drainage issue has been alluded to in the club’s recent blog. Perhaps the club doesn’t respond to these other rumours because they are just that and it’s beneath the club’s dignity. It’s also of course entirely possible that most of the club’s staff are required to take most of their holidays in May, June and July so maybe there haven’t been too many people around.

I think the time to start getting worried is next May. If there’s no sign of cranes and wrecking balls then we’re in trouble.

For the record I’m not pro or anti Brent. I’m just peed off with people who think they have a God given right to know the ins and outs of a cat’s ...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s nothing to do with a god given right. The club itself set up a whole new website purely for the purpose of day to day monitoring of the redevelopment (second by second with the webcams, if you want!). Many of us spoke on here about looking forward to following every aspect of the process.

Then as the rumours started to fly around, this coincided with a month of complete silence and the absence of Jon’s previously regular blogs. The Facebook/ATD conspiracy theories are Flat Earth garbage, but the drainage thing clearly does have some legs and HASN’T been clarified.

I’m unashamedly in the pro-James Brent and pro-refurbishment camp so no axe to grind or criticism, I just want to see this thing built and think it’s reasonable to have some of those big questions cleared up.

Plus I’m a complete geek with these things and am getting impatient ;)

Oct 31, 2015
Kentishgreen":zp6w7hf0 said:
I think some people have an over exaggerated level of expectation and are in severe need of a reality check.
Firstly what company, private or public, anywhere in the world provides its shareholders and any other interested parties with a blow by blow account of its day to day activities? Most of us are not shareholders or have any financial link with PAFC. Therefore we are not entitled to know anything and the club doesn’t need to tell us anything.
The unfortunate side effect is that this creates a vacuum in which rumours abound. This weeks rumours include -

there is no finance
Brent is being ousted

I think the drainage issue has been alluded to in the club’s recent blog. Perhaps the club doesn’t respond to these other rumours because they are just that and it’s beneath the club’s dignity. It’s also of course entirely possible that most of the club’s staff are required to take most of their holidays in May, June and July so maybe there haven’t been too many people around.

I think the time to start getting worried is next May. If there’s no sign of cranes and wrecking balls then we’re in trouble.

For the record I’m not pro or anti Brent. I’m just pi$$ed off with people who think they have a God given right to know the ins and outs of a cat’s ...

Im with this man. Close season can always be s bit meh so the only think to talk about once the players are sorted is the ground.

Im sure as there is with many large projects issues and im sure more will come up in the future. Are we sat in the project office when that hand in the head moment happens? Nope. Are we the customer spending £6M on our fine new house? Nope. Let the club and contractor get on with their business. If by next May/June something is ary im sure we will notice. Im fairly confident that announcements will be made if the project statts to turn a little minky.

For the record I am dissapointed with the control room abd hope the rest of the build is better quality. BUT it is only the control room.

rsp4":3emhblne said:
Kentishgreen":3emhblne said:

there is no finance
Brent is being ousted

For the record I’m not pro or anti Brent. I’m just pi$$ed off with people who think they have a God given right to know the ins and outs of a cat’s ...

Im with this man. Close season can always be s bit meh so the only think to talk about once the players are sorted is the ground.

Im sure as there is with many large projects issues and im sure more will come up in the future. Are we sat in the project office when that hand in the head moment happens? Nope. Are we the customer spending £6M on our fine new house? Nope. Let the club and contractor get on with their business. If by next May/June something is ary im sure we will notice. Im fairly confident that announcements will be made if the project statts to turn a little minky.

For the record I am dissapointed with the control room abd hope the rest of the build is better quality. BUT it is only the control room.

This is where I believe you are wrong. As supporters we are stakeholders and as such we do have a right to know. At the end of the day the £6m will be paid for by the supporters continuing to come through the gates. Alienate your customers and the business no longer has a business.

For the record I am sure that Mr Brent is "in discussions" with PCC as to who should actually foot the bill for the drainage issues in very much the same way SHH have questioned just who should foot the bill for the new bearing works for the footbridge across Sutton Harbour.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Drainage issue? Is there one? If there is, I doubt very much if JB is in discussions with anyone about it. Tony Hopwood would, I'm sure, deal with anything even considered an 'issue', which there probably isn't.

Aug 5, 2015
I think if l was Mr Hallett I’d be very very close to thinking that’s the last £5 million I’ll contribute to that lot