Dorchester Away (travel chat) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dorchester Away (travel chat)

R

Rupert

As posted elsewhere, I don't think DTFC are being "unfriendly", they're just passing on police advice/instructions.

Feb 21, 2011
Seems we've been transported back to the 90's, I expect a large police presence including dogs, video cameras and pre prepared statements, riot gear and horses .......how nostalgic.

Oct 29, 2012
Rupert is absolutely right, DTFC are being advised by the police every step of the way. The club would be delighted to be able to cater for all the travelling Plymouth Argyle fans but alas we can’t.

Amazingly, ESPN are bringing over 70 staff and their associated vehicles that coupled with many freeloaders officials cars renders parking at the stadium extremely limited on the day hence the unpopular descision to direct travelling supporters both Plymouth and Dorchester to a more suitable location close by.

The hospitality facilities at the club are barely able to cope with the normal match day footfall so trying to cater for the expected travelling Plymouth Argyle fans would be chaos. Dorchester is a small town and the walking distances involved travelling from the local pubs/car park to the stadium is short. In my humble opinion, you are best advised to save your stress levels for after the game, not before :wave:

We are all looking forward to the match and win or lose we will enjoy our day, for a club of our size days like this don’t come round very often so we will make the most of it. Have a safe trip.
UTM.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Validus Pica":1kk502li said:
Rupert is absolutely right, DTFC are being advised by the police every step of the way. The club would be delighted to be able to cater for all the travelling Plymouth Argyle fans but alas we can’t.

Amazingly, ESPN are bringing over 70 staff and their associated vehicles that coupled with many freeloaders officials cars renders parking at the stadium extremely limited on the day hence the unpopular descision to direct travelling supporters both Plymouth and Dorchester to a more suitable location close by.

The hospitality facilities at the club are barely able to cope with the normal match day footfall so trying to cater for the expected travelling Plymouth Argyle fans would be chaos. Dorchester is a small town and the walking distances involved travelling from the local pubs/car park to the stadium is short. In my humble opinion, you are best advised to save your stress levels for after the game, not before :wave:

We are all looking forward to the match and win or lose we will enjoy our day, for a club of our size days like this don’t come round very often so we will make the most of it. Have a safe trip.
UTM.

You say freeloaders but these are freeloaders paying over £60,000 for the privalidge of attending and televising the game ;)

Oct 29, 2012
Ollieargyle9":140jx1q5 said:
Validus Pica":140jx1q5 said:

UTM.

You say freeloaders but these are freeloaders paying over £60,000 for the privalidge of attending and televising the game ;)

Where does it mention in my post a reference to ESPN being freeloaders? There's no mention what-so-ever. It was in reference to others. We are extremely greatful to ESPN for secting our match to be televised I can assure you :roll: .

B

bizzay1

Anyone that knows dorchester and it's football clubs location would know that a televised game with all the vehicles that entails would all but bring the town to a standstill by themselves let alone all the traffic with the supporters of a (reasonably) local football league club with one of the best away supports turning up at the same time. Remember when sky have been to argyle the amount of space lost in the car park - well thats equivelent to half of dorchester :shock: :lol:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Validus Pica":20afhjaq said:
Ollieargyle9":20afhjaq said:
Validus Pica":20afhjaq said:

UTM.

Where does it mention in my post a reference to ESPN being freeloaders? There's no mention what-so-ever. It was in reference to others. We are extremely greatful to ESPN for secting our match to be televised I can assure you :roll: .

It was a joke, get over yourself mate...

Oct 29, 2012
Ollieargyle9":17zp37qx said:
Validus Pica":17zp37qx said:
Ollieargyle9":17zp37qx said:
Validus Pica":17zp37qx said:

UTM.

I do apologise

May 21, 2010
taunton
My pre match beer up is sorted, 12:12 from Taunton, arrive Castle Cary 12:33, will have a few beers in pubs around Castle Cary, then jump on 15:11 train too Dorchester, cant go wrong.

B

bandwagon

Steve Wooldridge":1gcchstz said:
My pre match beer up is sorted, 12:12 from Taunton, arrive Castle Cary 12:33, will have a few beers in pubs around Castle Cary, then jump on 15:11 train too Dorchester, cant go wrong.

Castle Cary station is about 15 mins brisk walk into the town - swift one maybe, sorry!!

B

bandwagon

Steve Wooldridge":206nskzj said:
i will have 2 and an half hours to kill in castle cary, so should squeeze down more then a swift one.

I'll put my goggles on next time - sorry!! :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Validus Pica":3s0wmfbf said:
Ollieargyle9":3s0wmfbf said:
Ollieargyle9":3s0wmfbf said:

UTM.

I do apologise

No need to apologise mate, I'm not everyones cup of tea :thumbs:

Enjoy the game on Sunday just not too much :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve Wooldridge":1wgoy35x said:
i will have 2 and an half hours to kill in castle cary, so should squeeze down more then a swift one.

Question one: (write on both sides and show workings)

a) A man can get from a pub in Castle Cary to the station in fifteen minutes brisk walking after half an hours drinking. How long will it take him to walk the same distance after two and a half hours drinking in the pub?.
b) describes various methods of remembering: where the pub is. where the station is. where the game is. where the man is. who the man is.