Don’t get too high and don’t get too low | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Don’t get too high and don’t get too low

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
A good time to remember this I think, especially after last Friday and with the current league table looking OK.

Bad days at the office happen all the time in football, it’s rubbish but I find it astonishing player’s bottle being called into question.

Two more games to go, and you can guarantee they will be different to today and different to the Leicester game.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I just can't see where a goal is coming from, at the moment. We have absolutely nothing going forward. Two 0-0s is the best we can hope for in my view.

• Sad
Reactions: pafc jack
Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
I watched the game and the players gave their all. Who ever says they are bottling it prob never watched the game.
We are lacking in midfiled and that creates poor service for the striker and difficulty for the defence. Its a hard league just look at the cost of most teams on this league millions spent.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think we’ll stay up. I’ve been saying that for months - even when Foster was in charge.

I don’t think that should excuse what was a really poor performance today though.

Stoke were far more up for it than us, which is disappointing at this stage of the season.

I do wonder whether we need someone on the coaching staff with a sports psychology sort of background.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
If the opponent was not managed by the man who got us promoted the emotions maybe less heightened
Today showed the gulf in playing personnel
Finger pointing does not change the result & sometimes you have to say the opponent had more all over the pitch

Jul 12, 2016
A good time to remember this I think, especially after last Friday and with the current league table looking OK.

Bad days at the office happen all the time in football, it’s rubbish but I find it astonishing player’s bottle being called into question.

Two more games to go, and you can guarantee they will be different to today and different to the Leicester game.
How can we play like that with so much at stake?

Feb 11, 2024
To me today showed two things, namely 2 teams that have massively underachieved and overachieved on show. Stoke really should be much higher up the table based on what i saw, but i understand their lack of commitment and proffesionalism has cost them all season. For us, honestly i hate to say it but i feel we have massively overachieved this season, i feel were not much better than say a Rotherham but our team spirit, abd initial home park fear factor has maybe been the difference. If we do stay up, summer will need a huge re shuffle, maybe 10 changes of personel

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Often a good point made by the OP, but it quite simply is true in this instance.

They were outstanding against Leicester. Today, they were a disgrace.

Mar 30, 2024

Not sure why it should be but over the years Argyle have been awful in away crunch games like today where a lot is at stake as well as sometimes a bit of needle and there's a big Argyle following present at the game. I was thinking of the Luton game when Argyle won the league in 2002 but were massacred 2-0 ,the QPR game when a 3-0 drubbing was dished out in 2003-you can go way back in time to Reading and Wigan in 1985/86,Blackburn in 1975 or more recently to Sheffield Wednesday last year. The only exceptions i can think of were Portsmouth in 1986 and maybe Ipswich last year, few and far between though. Different players but same outcomes, very puzzling as to why it should be.

Reactions: oldage
Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
We look shot going forward. If we stay in this league we're gonna have to invest to even just to avoid the drop. I'm not sure what the budget will be if we stay up but it's gonna need a few quid. If we didn't have Morgan Whiitackers goals early doors we would be where Rotherham are now. I'm praying we do stay up, but I'm a tad nervous for the next season if we don't invest it will be quite painful watch.

Like mentioned before we have massively over achehieved so credit to the players but it's showing now we simply don't have enough quality or depth.

Jun 22, 2005
Yeah i don't get that down when we lose, losing 1 nil today to him would've been bad but to get smashed 3 nil hurts. I can't imagine how those at the game must be feeling.
That was the one we all wanted a result in for obvious reasons.