Doncaster Match Day Thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Doncaster Match Day Thread

Oct 14, 2015
3 good chances for Sarve but fell to the wrong player unfortunately..once to scored only one team was going to win it ...still 2nd performance was massive improvement on the 1st..

Awful ground for an atmosphere and the home fans generated nothing...

Just saying to my son how bad Edwards was playing then he scored :):)

Oct 31, 2015
Good point well done Greens.
15 points required for safety in 19 games so another point towards safety.

I was worried about Ness starting and will be interested to hear reports from people who went. Sounds like 2nd half was a good display...

Bring on Wigan

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
moles40":3ipdu6jp said:
Tugboat":3ipdu6jp said:
moles40":3ipdu6jp said:
We can still aim for play offs,top half is guaranteed,it’s like a new team .

Everyone is disappointed if we don’t win not like before where pleased not to lose .

Keep it up Argyle

Your first sentence is bonkers.

Nothing is guaranteed and talk of playoffs when we’re 6 points off relegation is perplexing

Does this team look like a relegation team STLL ?

Just you I guess keep the faith we don’t need to look down.The only way is up .
GREEN ARMY :scarf:

I’ll start looking up once we’re safe. We’re still short in certain areas and whilst I agree we’ve been on a fantastic run, a dip in form, couple of bad decisions/results and we’ll be right on the mix again.

After our catastrophic start to the season stating clear of all things near relegation is my priority. When/if we hit that magic points tally I’ll take a look at what we can do thereafter

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":1htdtcfa said:
moles40":1htdtcfa said:
Tugboat":1htdtcfa said:
moles40":1htdtcfa said:

Everyone is disappointed if we don’t win not like before where pleased not to lose .

Keep it up Argyle

Nothing is guaranteed and talk of playoffs when we’re 6 points off relegation is perplexing

Does this team look like a relegation team STLL ?

Just you I guess keep the faith we don’t need to look down.The only way is up .
GREEN ARMY :scarf:

I’ll start looking up once we’re safe. We’re still short in certain areas and whilst I agree we’ve been on a fantastic run, a dip in form, couple of bad decisions/results and we’ll be right on the mix again.

After our catastrophic start to the season stating clear of all things near relegation is my priority. When/if we hit that magic points tally I’ll take a look at what we can do thereafter

I think we still sound fragile, not as bad as we did but not as good as we will need to be on the run in. Just 2 (or three at most) recruits can make this a less charged second part of the season.

Aug 5, 2016
phil-thefluter24":1ln019q4 said:
Toums is going to be a big miss I fear. We will find out just how big in the next few weeks , especially with no replacement on the horizon.

I'm not sure anyone except DA and his coaching team can confidently predict what's on our horizon. Whoever would have predicted Diagouraga even coming to Argyle in the first place?

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":3w0b8r8c said:
moles40":3w0b8r8c said:

Keep it up Argyle

Since we were bottom and adrift on 07th October having lost to Fleetwood, we've lost two league games. That's over 3 months of football.

Why you think we are going down is what's perplexing.

Is doom mongering in the face of facts (a positive run of results stretching over 13 weeks) a janner thing or what? The mindset of some on this forum absolutely baffling, never a positive thought to spare.

A point AWAY at top half in-form Doncaster is very decent, finishing the match on top too. Plenty of positives for Adams and the players to take home on the coach. Fingers crossed they don't read the drivel on here and lose all their confidence.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":o2rb5jm4 said:
Tugboat":o2rb5jm4 said:
moles40":o2rb5jm4 said:

Keep it up Argyle

Since we were bottom and adrift on 07th October having lost to Fleetwood, we've lost two league games. That's over 3 months of football.

Why you think we are going down is what's perplexing.

Is doom mongering in the face of facts (a positive run of results stretching over 13 weeks) a janner thing or what? The mindset of some on this forum absolutely baffling, never a positive thought to spare.

A point AWAY at top half in-form Doncaster is very decent, finishing the match on top too. Plenty of positives for Adams and the players to take home on the coach. Fingers crossed they don't read the drivel on here and lose all their confidence.

You stick to your promotion campaign.

I’ll stick to my pragmatic, realistic league position approach thanks.

Jul 12, 2016
Another good point but guess what, I tend to agree with Tugboat.We have some hard fixtures to come and with some of the teams below us having games in hand ,there is still a long way to go before we can celebrate staying in the division.
Hopefully some new recruits will arrive to bolster our squad but lets not get ahead of ourselves by even thinking about play offs.

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat I haven't once mentioned promotion on these forums, you however have mentioned relegation in the post quoted, so we will see at the end of the season whether we are closer to your relegation scrap than our current position.

We lost a terrible stretch of games due to circumstances which aren't coming back. Anyone who saw Argyle at the start of the season could see heads were down, confidence was low, cohesion and spirit wasn't there.

This is a different team, a dodgy offside decision or a disallowed goal isn't going to derail us. Playing most games with 10 men for over an hour and not picking up basic forwards for tap in goals will send us down but a point away at Doncaster won't.

Sadly there is nothing pragmatic at all about your way of thinking, it is just depressing doom mongering which treats reality as an inconvenience.

In mid November we were behind Bury, and two months on we now have over double their total points for the season. Southend and Oldham are on downward spirals and have just lost their best players in Ryan Leonard and Eoin Doyle. Others have plenty more to be concerned about than us.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":24xaivdy said:
I haven't once mentioned promotion on these forums, you however have mentioned relegation in the post quoted, so we will see at the end of the season whether we are closer to your relegation scrap than our current position.

We lost a terrible stretch of games due to circumstances which aren't coming back. Anyone who saw Argyle at the start of the season could see heads were down, confidence was low, cohesion and spirit wasn't there.

This is a different team, a dodgy offside decision or a disallowed goal isn't going to derail us. Playing most games with 10 men for over an hour and not picking up basic strikers for tap in goals will send us down but a draw away at Doncaster won't.

Sadly there is nothing pragmatic at all about your way of thinking, it is just morbid doom mongering which treats reality as an inconvenience.

The reality of it is that we’re sitting in the table 6 points above the relegation zone that we’ve occupied for a vast period of the season and 2 teams currently holding 2 games in hand.

I’m not saying we’re getting relegated, I’m saying there’s no place for promotion talk until we’re ATLEAST safe.

Morbid doom mongering? Get your head out your ass and smell the coffee

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":2g8pp7gb said:
Knibbsworth":2g8pp7gb said:
I haven't once mentioned promotion on these forums, you however have mentioned relegation in the post quoted, so we will see at the end of the season whether we are closer to your relegation scrap than our current position.

This is a different team, a dodgy offside decision or a disallowed goal isn't going to derail us. Playing most games with 10 men for over an hour and not picking up basic strikers for tap in goals will send us down but a draw away at Doncaster won't.

Sadly there is nothing pragmatic at all about your way of thinking, it is just morbid doom mongering which treats reality as an inconvenience.

The reality of it is that we’re sitting in the table 6 points above the relegation zone that we’ve occupied for a vast period of the season and 2 teams currently holding 2 games in hand.

I’m not saying we’re getting relegated, I’m saying there’s no place for promotion talk until we’re ATLEAST safe.

Morbid doom mongering? Get your head out your ass and smell the coffee

What is this coffee that you want me to smell, that we are going down? Then for you to deny that you're saying that. Only to warn me that we might go down! Only to deny saying that again. Pick a position and stick to it.

We are 6 points above the relegation zone having started from a position of being 3 points behind everyone else. So we have matched the form of half a football division and added 9 points to what they are doing. It has been a colossal run of form.

Until at least ten other teams match that pace then no, I don't see Argyle going down. I don't see Argyle losing 9 out of 12 out of nowhere which was the form which got us into trouble in the first place.

Top teams may find six points easy to come by, ten separate bottom half teams don't secure back to back wins together.

We need to find about 15 points in 18 matches, and we've picked up 15 points in our last seven games. Blackburn, Shrewsbury are presumably the same teams we drew against at the start of this run. So you have to excuse me for not losing my mind with worry that we are about to throw it all away.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
A good day at the football today, very entertaining in the second half after a slightly low key first.

This Argyle side showed some real character in hauling back the deficit and then looking by far the more likely team to go on and win it. It was telling that in injury time there was little urgency shown from Donny compared to Argyle, who were still going for it. Donny looked like they were happy just to play out for a draw! A mark of how much we've improved as the season's gone on.

Well done Argyle. :scarf: