DOF | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

DOF

Dec 3, 2005
Sam Barker":1vt6qfm1 said:
I would have Deehan back if he would return, wouldn't suprise me if he rejected an offer after being ousted a few months ago though.

Makes me wonder how much Mr Deehan had in keeping Argyle up, last season.

This seasons performances, tells me that he had a huge hand in keeping us up.

A

anotherfan

with what money?

Seems that anyone remotely decent would want a (relatively) hefty paycheck, and added to that would want some kind of budget to bring in his own people (or at least the budget to pay off contracts to get rid of some people). Say what you will about a "competitive budget" but free transfers, loanees and non-league players indicate that there's perhaps a bit of stretching of the definition of "competitive".

Add to that you're going to have to give the new guy time. No one is going to take the position in January with instructions to "finish mid table". They'll probably be more towards "avoid relegation".

I would love to see a manager come in, who without any transfers and no budget, can magically get the players to gel and play consistently well for the entire season, however I'm not holding my breath.

We're already cash flow negative, so anything that increases that deficit won't happen.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
djg145":3sienrvq said:
Sam Barker":3sienrvq said:
I would have Deehan back if he would return, wouldn't suprise me if he rejected an offer after being ousted a few months ago though.

Makes me wonder how much Mr Deehan had in keeping Argyle up, last season.

This seasons performances, tells me that he had a huge hand in keeping us up.
Whether he didn't or did his presence was how a mentor should be. Ghosts in and around and out but on match days he isn't shouting from the technical area.

We could have 2 though.
Kevin Hodges and Jonny Hore !!!!

H

Hesperus

blackbeard":3exp2sd5 said:
Gary Megson

This name seems to crop up, everytime we need a manager.
Yes! He was a youth player for us back in the 1970s but, ever since, he's been very derogatory about our club and, our city! I would never welcome him back to Plymouth.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Yes, it's never just as easy as employing one person. they always have to bring in their 'own people'.... :sigh:

H

Hesperus

khennes_904":3cico2y7 said:
Yes, it's never just as easy as employing one person. they always have to bring in their 'own people'.... :sigh:

Don't know what you're trying to say.

In any business, management is not a one man job. It's not a case of 'own people' as in, your chums! It's a management 'team!' People which, are tried and tested and, understand your operating system. Operatives to delegate certain tasks to, and, trust that the job will be done to your exact specifications.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Hesperus":1fomz6gy said:
blackbeard":1fomz6gy said:
Gary Megson

This name seems to crop up, everytime we need a manager.
Yes! He was a youth player for us back in the 1970s but, ever since, he's been very derogatory about our club and, our city! I would never welcome him back to Plymouth.

78 appearances and 10 goals!!

let's not ignore someone's record just to make a point eh? :whistle:

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Colin Lee has a fair bit of experience and mentioned previously that he'd come here (although he was overlooked when Deehan came in last season).

Dec 7, 2006
Complete farce from top to bottom. :banghead: This is nothing more than a firefighting exercise, just like last year. How many more times is this bleddy scenario going to play out? I notice the appointment is 'initially' til the end of the season - what like with Deehan? If we keep this clown as manager who's to say we won't find ourselves right back in the same place next season? When is the penny finally going to drop with Brent? It amounts to little more than sticking a plaster on a broken leg. Pah! :furious:

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
bodspafc":2etzfnjn said:
Colin Lee has a fair bit of experience and mentioned previously that he'd come here (although he was overlooked when Deehan came in last season).

He'd be ideal bods. Not sure if he'd be up for it now he has a job at Notts...

Mar 7, 2009
Since I have been supporting Argyle, EVERY time any sort of managerial role has come up, two names always crop up.

Colin Lee.

Stan Ternent.

NO NO NO NO NO PLEASE NO.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":1ru9nd4h said:
bizzay1":1ru9nd4h said:
Whats Dave Smith up to these days ?

Probably exercising his dog on Wembury beach

We're the famous Plymouth Argyle and we're off to Wembury!! Wembury Wembury!! :scarf:

Still remember the puzzled look on the Watford Supporters: 'We're going to Wembury, you're not, you're not'! Classic! :nworthy:

Oct 24, 2010
It's a very good idea as long as Carl Fletcher is 100% happy with the appointment and is someone he can work closely with, I got the impression that wasn't the case with John Deehan last season.