DOF | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

DOF

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
No.more messing qbout. We havnt made a decent appointment in over 6 years. Sack fletch and bring in a manager. We cant fudge this appointment.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
How about solving the problem at the root?

Jul 6, 2011
I still think an experienced head coach/assistant manager, not someone sitting up in the stands, but someone standing beside him.

P

pafcstafford

John deehan was doing this job last year but apprently wasn't needed anymore, oh hang on they have changed their mind again. Why get rid of him in the first place!!!

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
I would have Deehan back if he would return, wouldn't suprise me if he rejected an offer after being ousted a few months ago though.

Feb 21, 2011
Blimey how times change I remember people on here saying why is Deehan here? What does he do? etc. Now he or someone of his ilk is being portrayed as some sort of messiah. Just goes to show that no matter what you all think your basically all clueless.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A Director of Football implies a wise old head sat in the stands looking down ready to give his thoughts on how to improve for the next game but Fletcher’s weakness is making the right tactical decisions during the games, so rather than a DoF he needs an experienced assistant manager sat next to him in the dugout ready to finally outwit an opposition manager during a game.
This experienced assistant manager would also have a big influence during the training sessions and sort out the Achilles heel of conceding from set-pieces.

If one of the current coaches were to leave and be replaced by an experienced coach there wouldn’t be much of an impact on the size of the wage bill.

Anyway, after being in the job for over a year Fletcher might have some pride and refuse the offer of a DoF or an assistant manager; where would that leave him?

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
If we unfortunately have to go down the DOF route, rather than replace CF, Lennie Lawrence for me.

As seems sadly the way at the moment at Argyle, I will however be prepared to be totally
underwhelmed, so guess it might be Kevin Hodges!!