Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 43 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Massive Sour grapes

Feb 17, 2017
Going to a championship club would have been a big disappointment
Going to fleetwood is a big flick in the spuds and heartbreaking to be honest, the first sign of intent of staying in this league and signing quality and heā€™s gone at the first opportunity, all the best and has done well but gutting.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
From the point of view of a fan, this is the horror move. I could easily accept a higher League, but a club that is currently comparable to ourselves (although historically perhaps a ā€˜smallerā€™ club)... it really hurts.

From a personal point of view, it makes perfect sense and I think most people would do the same. It doesnā€™t stop if from being painful though. All the best TD and thank you.

Jan 7, 2018
Slightly disappointed without being to distraught. He will be replaced. I'd be much more disappointed if it was a Taylor, Carey, Bradley

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Centre Circle":1f1d786h said:
From the point of view of a fan, this is the horror move. I could easily accept a higher League, but a club that is currently comparable to ourselves (although historically perhaps a ā€˜smallerā€™ club)... it really hurts.

From a personal point of view, it makes perfect sense and I think most people would do the same. It doesnā€™t stop if from being painful though. All the best TD and thank you.

That's the way I feel as well.

Fleetwood Town FFS!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Keepitgreen":1is4zmke said:
PL2 3DQ":1is4zmke said:
IJN":1is4zmke said:
Who says they have?

The Herald? The same Herald that told us that an Everton player was on the train to join our squad in August?

Or the Herald that told us there was a break clause in Ciftci's contract?

I won't go on but I could.

And the same Herald that told us Diagouraga had a contract at Argyle until the end of January.

Diagouraga's decision looks to be based on location rather than financial.
His family have found it hard with him being away from home.

If a suitable length contract was offered then move them down with him? Like hundreds of players have done in the past...

Depressing to lose a quality player at this level to a "team like Fleetwood", but if they're being bank rolled and paying silly money, what can Argyle do if they are sticking to a strict wage structure.

Mar 23, 2008
Indeed, appreciate what he did for us but Fleetwood?? No disrespect but that's gutting, a real sideways/backwards step and let's hope we get a good replacement and finish above them.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Oh wow. Fleetwood? :( I know he says itā€™s to do with his young family but weā€™ve put so much time into him only for someone else to reap the rewards for the rest of the season.

Iā€™m gutted that heā€™s gone to a league one rival. Adams has a big task to replace him.

Thankyou Toums for a great 3 months. Hope things work out for you up there (apart from against us of course)

May 8, 2011
Dalton Is God":2vo75gta said:
Keepitgreen":2vo75gta said:
PL2 3DQ":2vo75gta said:
IJN":2vo75gta said:
Who says they have?

The Herald? The same Herald that told us that an Everton player was on the train to join our squad in August?

Or the Herald that told us there was a break clause in Ciftci's contract?

I won't go on but I could.

And the same Herald that told us Diagouraga had a contract at Argyle until the end of January.

Diagouraga's decision looks to be based on location rather than financial.
His family have found it hard with him being away from home.

If a suitable length contract was offered then move them down with him? Like hundreds of players have done in the past...

Depressing to lose a quality player at this level to a "team like Fleetwood", but if they're being bank rolled and paying silly money, what can Argyle do if they are sticking to a strict wage structure.

I think you would be surprised how few players/management actually relocate to Plymouth during their stay. Most have to move away to get another club once they stop playing/working for Argyle which is why they donā€™t want the upheaval or lack of family support by moving the family down.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Fleetwood may be Small but it wouldnā€™t surprise me if only Wigan has a bigger wage budget in this division. Their owner has bankrolled them from tier 9 or wherever and playing in front of two men and a dog to L1, and not stopping any time soon.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He only did it because he couldn't buy Blackpool.

I do wonder if that will now change. Let his train set go and buy the club he supports.

I would imagine it's a real tempting idea.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":3qpoydjc said:

I do wonder if that will now change. Let his train set go and buy the club he supports.

Funnily enough so did the owner of AFC Fylde, another tiny club with deep pockets who will be in the FL sooner rather than later. Blackpool fans must wonder what if considering whatā€™s gone on there.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2pi89hbi said:

Doesn't Pilley's company have their offices within Fleetwood's stadium? Selling up could be awkward.