Dewsnip = Win Nance = Lose | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dewsnip = Win Nance = Lose

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
This is a championship side looking at losing millions....not a sunday pub team.....its a balls up and it was his call....needs to go.
We're not looking at losing millions. We're looking at trying to be sustainable. The managers the people think we could have got would not have been interested. We don't have the finances available that they'd have wanted. We're not going to risk the future of the club over it.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
We're not looking at losing millions. We're looking at trying to be sustainable. The managers the people think we could have got would not have been interested. We don't have the finances available that they'd have wanted. We're not going to risk the future of the club over it.

We are looking at losing millions if we go down

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
We are looking at losing millions if we go down
Missing out on millions, not losing millions. We'd have a smaller playing budget next season if we go down, so we wouldn't be losing it. Missing out on millions would be a real shame, but ultimately those millions will not make that much difference to our budget next season in comparison to the rest of the league, and players will be wanting more money from next season too on the back of the deal.

I think the suggestion that Dewsnip made a mistake and that we'd be so much better off if we'd appointed someone else is laughable though. Wins against Rotherham and Leicester, a draw against QPR. We could have been a maximum of eight points better off, but there's no guarantee we get any of the points we did get if we had. Certainly no guarantee we'd have beaten Leicester. We probably would be no better off with Warnock, or some other manager.

Reactions: Furnell and jimsing
Mar 23, 2013
i'm sick to death of this sustainable poo..... we hide behind that everytime.....

• Unlike
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Mar 23, 2013
I want to be a sustainable championship team.....not bouncing around league 1 and 2 ..... I do not believe we could not afford somebody ....I believe that Dewsnips ego got in the way because he wanted to have a go....this let's give it a go attitude has turned out proper tinpot....we've waited 10 years to get back here and we really gamble on this bloke because he felt like he could give it a go..... I cant get my head around it.

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Mar 23, 2013
If you want to support a club that is risking it's future by throwing around money it doesn't have you go and do that. There's plenty of them around. We've been there and done it before. I'd never want to see us back there.
Getting somebody experienced in to manage our team and keep us in the championship which can earn us millions is hardly throwing money around....its basic common sense.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Getting somebody experienced in to manage our team and keep us in the championship which can earn us millions is hardly throwing money around....its basic common sense.
It's only basic common sense if you have the money and can afford to do it. But there's also no guarantee that it's going to work. As already mentioned, the managers with a reputation for firefighting ask for ridiculous wages, and normally a bonus if they keep the club up. They know clubs are normally desperate and will pay it. It would have been throwing a lot of money about with no guarantee of success. How many points were you actually expecting us to get from the last five games? I don't think too many people would realistically have expected many more than we've got from them.

Mar 23, 2013
Missing out on millions, not losing millions. We'd have a smaller playing budget next season if we go down, so we wouldn't be losing it. Missing out on millions would be a real shame, but ultimately those millions will not make that much difference to our budget next season in comparison to the rest of the league, and players will be wanting more money from next season too on the back of the deal.

I think the suggestion that Dewsnip made a mistake and that we'd be so much better off if we'd appointed someone else is laughable though. Wins against Rotherham and Leicester, a draw against QPR. We could have been a maximum of eight points better off, but there's no guarantee we get any of the points we did get if we had. Certainly no guarantee we'd have beaten Leicester. We probably would be no better off with Warnock, or some other manager.
Don't agree....and this is a really 2 bob attitude to this club...one that has haunted us for years ...... you would rather be playing poo clubs lower down so we can say those magic words " ooooh have you heard we are sustainable " jesus christ.

Reactions: DC&CC Totnes
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Don't agree....and this is a really 2 bob attitude to this club...one that has haunted us for years ...... you would rather be playing poo clubs lower down so we can say those magic words " ooooh have you heard we are sustainable " jesus christ.
Have you seen the table? We're not even in the relegation zone. Get a grip.

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Something that haunts me is how close we were to oblivion only a few years ago, due entirely to spending money that we didn’t have.

Jul 6, 2005
But we might well be in a slightly better position if Dewsnip had got the Managerial appointment right in January instead of bringing in a completely inexperienced and unknown (except to Dewsnip) Youth Team Coach who was patently unqualified and unsuitable for the job.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
But we might well be in a slightly better position if Dewsnip had got the Managerial appointment right in January instead of bringing in a completely inexperienced and unknown (except to Dewsnip) Youth Team Coach who was patently unqualified and unsuitable for the job.
I can't argue with that. In fact, I wholeheartedly agree with that. And I wasn't happy when Dewsnip put himself in charge after Foster left because of the role he'd played with Foster. But ultimately I don't think we'd have got more points from the switch under a different manager, so for now that's in the past. If we do go down then we can look at that and point fingers etc, but as it stands even though the last two games haven't gone as hoped he's had a decent record, we've still got a chance of staying up, and if Norwich do their bit then we can go into the summer looking ahead to another season in the Championship. I think we'd learn lessons from the last appointment, and I'm confident in the people running the club to make the right choice next time. They've really not done too much wrong in recent years, so I think they've earnt the right to make a mistake, especially if ultimately we stay up and it counts for nothing.

Apr 2, 2024
This is a championship side looking at losing millions....not a sunday pub team.....its a balls up and it was his call....needs to go.
Not at all.

Not his fault SS walked out at the worst possible time taking most of the staff with him.

ND could have gone as well but showed loyalty to the job and the journey. How about us fans show some to him now?

IF was a cock up but it happens in all walks of life. No recruitment strategy is guaranteed to work.

Reactions: David Doidge