Dewsnip = Win Nance = Lose | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dewsnip = Win Nance = Lose

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
This joint manager press conferences seem a little predictable these days win= Dews lose = Nance
The subs today were poo we should be making positive changes when on top notch a triple change after going one down
Lost to an average Milwall side we would have beat if we played away in August

Mar 30, 2024
This joint manager press conferences seem a little predictable these days win= Dews lose = Nance
The subs today were poo we should be making positive changes when on top notch a triple change after going one down
Lost to an average Milwall side we would have beat if we played away in August
What makes you so sure that Argyle would have beaten Millwall in August? Didn't seem to find it easy to beat anyone away from home until January and Millwall turned Argyle over at HP in October. Argyle have an atrocious record at Millwall, would never put my life savings on them winning there at any time of the season

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Millwall are an established Champ side not to be underestimated , very hard to draw against let alone win. All this average side stuff is bollcks tbh.
How many times did they cut a poor Argyle side apart? Not many cooper was very comfortable except the goal
We are crap so in my book that makes Millwall average

Sep 6, 2006
How many times did they cut a poor Argyle side apart? Not many cooper was very comfortable except the goal
We are crap so in my book that makes Millwall average
I'd say mediocre. Very little flair but effective. Play within their limitations. Would be interested to know their most expensive signing. Probably struggle next season.But it's what we need to aspire to. We don't need 1 or 2 quality players and 9 League 1 players. Greater strength all round.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Millwall a well established Championship side who may have limitations but play to their strengths
They played Cat & Mouse with us all afternoon knowing a chance would come
They got their chance with one schoolboy error

Apr 5, 2024
I wonder if bringing on our subs earlier would have helped as there was a few or more errors happening, especially with the goal coming when it did.

Reactions: Frank the Phone
Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
I did ask on the chat to get subs on earlier but we seemed to eant to settle for a point. The issue is if we did bring subs on earlier and lost then people would still moan. Butni am a firm believer in subs around the 60-65 mark. If anything for fresh legs.
The whole teams morale is in the dumps you can see that. And its to be expected when your constantly losing and not scoring.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Joe's post match interview - he looked absolutely distraught

They are all trying but the gulf in quality is there to see

Joe will need to raise the players again for one final push next week

Jul 28, 2020
7 goals in 13 from the 3-0 reverse at home to west brom on 20 february

The issues are clear and regrettably trace back to our excellent ( thus far ) chairman and his director of football

Now I'm not suggesting that our chairman should go, because I think hes been excellent for the club...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We keep getting told we’re going to go out and play on the front foot and attack, the performances aren’t matching what we’re hearing.

We narrowly beat a dreadful Rotherham side, we were largely second best against QPR, we defended for our lives (understandably so) against Leicester and we’ve been dreadful over the last two.

The players do look happier, but not a lot has changed in a footballing sense since Foster was sacked.

We desperately need the summer.

Dec 26, 2022
We keep getting told we’re going to go out and play on the front foot and attack, the performances aren’t matching what we’re hearing.

We narrowly beat a dreadful Rotherham side, we were largely second best against QPR, we defended for our lives (understandably so) against Leicester and we’ve been dreadful over the last two.

The players do look happier, but not a lot has changed in a footballing sense since Foster was sacked.

Spot on, the actions don't reflect the words. Dewsnip was good for us in lower leagues but has nothing to suggest he can be effective as DoF at Champ level. Need to guard against a backroom staff of Dewey, Nance, Edwards et al getting in the way of the clean sweep management appointment we desperately need. A new manager MUST be free to appoint his staff and introduce his own ideas...!!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton

So the only thing that’s changed from Foster is the players aren’t being given any grief for losing.
I’d suggest that if the performances both team and individual have not changed all that much from Foster that the problem wasn’t Foster but something else.
The players can’t hide behind an unliked coach anymore but nothing’s changed.

Reactions: djg145
Jul 12, 2016

How many more times? You cannot play on the front foot and attack if you don’t have the players to do it!

Reactions: saxman