Derek Adams | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams

May 22, 2006
Adams could be in trouble at Ross County who are second from bottom in the SPL after a 5-0 defeat.
The last nine games: seven defeats and two draws. Scored 4, conceded 20.
Ouch!
Yep. We experienced this ourselves - when things start going sour, Adams has no ability whatsoever to turn it around. Indeed, his attitude often makes it worse.
Hard to believe that, not even five years ago, we were getting tanked home and away by Accrington Stanley.

Reactions: Neilio

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire

Considering his future. Hope he hangs on until the next Aberdeen fixture. Adams v Warnock on the touchline might be somewhat volatile!

He is gone.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He essentially went there with a plan to publicly call out all of the players for being useless in order to try and provoke a response, I love Derek but that kind of management just doesn’t work nowadays.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Yep. We experienced this ourselves - when things start going sour, Adams has no ability whatsoever to turn it around. Indeed, his attitude often makes it worse.
Hard to believe that, not even five years ago, we were getting tanked home and away by Accrington Stanley.
In fairness, that one game should not be his legacy.

Jul 24, 2009
Yet he won us a promotion on a tiny budget.
Indeed, his career is a curious Jekyll & Hyde mix. When it's good there's some real outperformance see Ross County pre-Argyle, Argyle promotion, following year near miss of play-offs in League one and amazingly taking Morecambe up. Yet the same manager that can over perform so significantly oversaw an awful Argyle relegation, didn't last long at Bradford and now it's gone wrong very spectacularly back at Ross County. It seems when it works it works and when it doesn't it really doesn't!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Hope to see him back in England managing again soon

Jul 24, 2009
I feel for him a bit, in the summer of 2018 after two promotions with Ross County, an automatic promotion with Argyle followed up by a seventh place finish in League One it looked like only a matter of time before he'd be bound for the Championship one way or another, but since then and Argyle's horror season it's not panned out that way.

Surely with two League Two promotions on his CV a League Two side will give him a job before too long.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
There are vacancies at Huddersfield and Swindon at the moment.

From memory, he went to Bradford and almost immediately went back to Morecambe without a break.

I think Derek Adams should take some time away from the game to recharge his batteries and reflect.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He struck me as being a solitary individual, who was strong on his principles. I always recall him one Sunday afternoon walking out of Rick Stein's wet fish shop on Padstow's quay, looking a tad lost. Perhaps he was?