Derek Adams | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams

Jul 29, 2010
I think its fair to say from the reaction that Scotland is not too happy with the standard of Derek Adams either :ROFLMAO:

I mean, its a ballsy and some would say foolhardy outburst to make on your return to the nation of your birth... but guys, he may just have a point :unsure:

Oct 10, 2018
I had to laugh at the brutal.honest of " I left league two side with smallest budget in.that league, they were a 100 times better than a Scottish Premier league team"

Well now you know why rarely in past 30 years Celtic and Rangers, have managed to get out of the Champions league group stages, even.with.clubs from leagues like Lithuania, Cyprus snd Albania in it.

Also shows why managers like Gerrard can win titles in Scotland, then sacked within 6 months in England.

So I have to agree with DA here, yet it's hardly suprising when you look at the sponsorship and investment in English football compared to Scottish across the game. The population pool for attendances, players etc Sheffield v Greenock, Plymouth v Ayr, Hull v Dundee

Reactions: PeverellPafc

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ha ha, that’s brilliant from Derek. Absolutely slates the standard.

Reactions: SurreyJanner

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
The thing is that Scottish football has definitely had an uptick in standards recently. It's not long ago that Rangers lost to Luxembourg's finest, but now both Old Firm clubs are competing reasonably well in Europe. I know the Scottish Prem is not an amazing standard, but for old Derek to say it's worse than League 2 is pretty ridiculous really. Sour grapes.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The thing is that Scottish football has definitely had an uptick in standards recently. It's not long ago that Rangers lost to Luxembourg's finest, but now both Old Firm clubs are competing reasonably well in Europe. I know the Scottish Prem is not an amazing standard, but for old Derek to say it's worse than League 2 is pretty ridiculous really. Sour grapes.

Celtic ain’t

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Not one to mince his words
SPL has always been a bun fight between Rangers & Celtic
SPL is virtually made up of 3 mini leagues- the top 2 , 3rd to 10th & the bottom 2
It would be a massive achievement if in 1 season an un-fancied team could win it - but that is probably light years away

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Celtic ain’t

They had a reasonable go at it, the Champions League group stage will always be a struggle for Scottish teams just because of the economics. Brendan Rodgers has always been pretty hopeless in Europe though.

Fantastic win for Rangers away to Real Betis (7th in La Liga) the other day - any Premier League club would be happy with that.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
According to the Scottish Sun. Derek Adams has said sorry to his Ross County players for claiming his old Morecambe squad was "100 times better".

Reactions: SurreyJanner

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
According to the Scottish Sun. Derek Adams has said sorry to his Ross County players for claiming his old Morecambe squad was "100 times better".

Twas quite surreal watching him interviewed on the BBC Scotland sport section of the news. He’d clearly been ‘instructed’ because the sight of Derek apologising publicly was very awkward. The Staggies are my local team - I’m not sure he was that far wrong TBH.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Adams could be in trouble at Ross County who are second from bottom in the SPL after a 5-0 defeat.
The last nine games: seven defeats and two draws. Scored 4, conceded 20.
Ouch!

• Wow
Reactions: AdelaideGreen
Apr 1, 2009

Considering his future. Hope he hangs on until the next Aberdeen fixture. Adams v Warnock on the touchline might be somewhat volatile!