Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban)

Nov 4, 2012
dunlop":shxrqfks said:
It was talked about on Sky sports this morning Ref watch with Dermot Gallagher, DG said Furguson would regret what he had said but thought it was a penalty.

Never a pen.

Oct 14, 2015
Whether it was or wasn't is irrelevant....he shouldn't have said it and personally I hope they spank him with a 5 game ban and a fine.....if our manager had said it I'd have been embarrassed as an Argyle fan.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Welwyn Pilgrim":l0bfo554 said:
Whether it was or wasn't is irrelevant....he shouldn't have said it and personally I hope they spank him with a 5 game ban and a fine.....if our manager had said it I'd have been embarrassed as an Argyle fan.

IMHO that would be lenient.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Adam_R":68t0f7rq said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":68t0f7rq said:

IMHO that would be lenient.

Whey would you do? Shoot him?

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Firing Squad... less guilt.

I just think that sort of statement (albeit acknowledging that he wouldnt actually shoot him (i hope)) is stupid on any media outlet.

What would you do Tuggers? Appluad him? Buy him a pint?

The problem with any such statement from a high profile person on national media is that it only takes one nutter out there to respond.

I wonder how many supporters remember Neil Warnock’s similar rant when he was our manager. He did it with great humour, saying of a particular ref ‘look at the size of him’, (or something similar), and got his point over most effectively.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Adam_R":7ootujri said:
Firing Squad... less guilt.

I just think that sort of statement (albeit acknowledging that he wouldnt actually shoot him (i hope)) is stupid on any media outlet.

What would you do Tuggers? Appluad him? Buy him a pint?

No.

I think a touchline ban would suffice. 5 games is harsh for a ill-tempered rant, probably 3 match ban and a reminder of his duties as a high profile professional manager.

Nov 16, 2006
Without supporting in any way the 'shoot them' comments of Mr Ferguson, does anyone feel he had a generally fair point regarding the standard of the officials in league 1?
I have read many comments on our post regarding 'rubbish' ref's . Maybe they are protected too much ?

Oct 14, 2015
No he doesn't make a fair point. Irrespective of whether he thinks referees are unfit or generally not very good making his comments about shooting them is totally irresponsible and he should be held to account for his comments.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Welwyn Pilgrim":13vtwe2h said:
No he doesn't make a fair point. Irrespective of whether he thinks referees are unfit or generally not very good making his comments about shooting them is totally irresponsible and he should be held to account for his comments.

He said something stupid out of frustration and will probably get reprimanded for it accordingly.

No need to get so insanely driven to see him get punished beyond belief.

Crazy how the world today wants allbut capital punishment for errors and stupidity.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He acted like a spoilt child by throwing his toys out of the pram.
All of us who are interested in football as owners, managers, players or supporters have criticised match officials. Every game that I watch, without fail, I find something to moan at the referee about.
As a manager of several clubs, at varying levels, he has watched over 500 games in the last 11 years. I would suggest that, in that time, he has witnessed as many decisions similar to those he was complaining about on hundreds of occasions. No doubt, there have been as many of those occasions that have benefited his team as often as it has the opposition.
He knew what he was saying and he deserves to be dealt with appropriately. I suspect that the rivalry between him and our manager led to his outburst and DA’s subsequent comment about the referee caused him further frustration.
I know who I would prefer to have as our manager and, thankfully, we have him.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":mjc0insn said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":mjc0insn said:

He said something stupid out of frustration and will probably get reprimanded for it accordingly.

No need to get so insanely driven to see him get punished beyond belief.

Crazy how the world today wants allbut capital punishment for errors and stupidity.

The worst incident by far from either team was his player chopping down Carey when on a 2 to 2 and that is the only reason there wasn’t a sending off.

If Ferguson was so keen on everyone doing their job correctly and respectfully he’d be angry with his own player for cheating.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The forum for airing views on the standard of refereeing is surely the League Managers Association, and not national radio/television.