Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban)

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":282esru7 said:
Ferguson is now backtracking on the Donny official website. ...

Link
Too little too late Mr Ferguson, role model for youngsters you are not.

Whatever mistakes are made comments like his are uncalled for.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Gutless wonder, if he had any character at all he would have stood by his remarks, even though they were well out of order. He should be charged with what he said and not what he now says he meant, the little joker.

Sep 25, 2010
Look, when there is an incident that that, and it it not clear cut, the forward will want the penalty, and the defender will claim it is not a pen.

So upsteps an independent person, to adjudicate (referee), so the forward and his manager, will say the ref made a mistake, and he is wrong, the defender and his manager say he got it right.

Blimey, as a ref you have to make decisions like that, week in week out.

Who else is to make an independent decision ?, somebody has too, and to dislike that decision, and to say the ref is unfit, is really ,really stupid, just because he didn't get the decision he was looking for. And to say he should be shot, is so bad, he should really be sacked.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
When I had a season ticket in the grandstand I would often find myself walking along the concourse with a chap called EA (Alan) Crickmore. He was a referee I encountered 20 or 30 years earlier when I was involved in local football in the early 70s. He was outstanding and it was no surprise to me that he reached the Football League Referees' list. Most of the time when we met all those years later in the concourse I would be having a moan about the ref we had both just watched. Rarely if ever would he agree with my criticism and some of his explanations made me realise how little I really knew, with half the problem being that I didn't completely understand the rules!

H

handbags blake

Excellent suggestion that DF should now have to referee some local kids matches at Doncaster so he can see how difficult a job it is.Maybe this is something that ALL managers should do.It would also help these managers to connect with the local community.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
That’s like saying all Referees should try being players or managers to get an appreciation of that side of the game.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":1pjr8l69 said:
That’s like saying all Referees should try being players or managers to get an appreciation of that side of the game.

I’d imagine most if not all Referee’s tried being players and they wanted to stay in the sport they love in the only way possible.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
memory man":pemz4w4z said:
When I had a season ticket in the grandstand I would often find myself walking along the concourse with a chap called EA (Alan) Crickmore. He was a referee I encountered 20 or 30 years earlier when I was involved in local football in the early 70s. He was outstanding and it was no surprise to me that he reached the Football League Referees' list. Most of the time when we met all those years later in the concourse I would be having a moan about the ref we had both just watched. Rarely if ever would he agree with my criticism and some of his explanations made me realise how little I really knew, with half the problem being that I didn't completely understand the rules!
I also knew Alan through work and playing cricket,MM. He once told me that, if a player challenged him on the laws, he would quote made up rule 27, paragraph x, sub paragraph y and walk away. A good referee and not a bad quick bowler either.

H

handbags blake

I think most referees have played the game but been no good at it,so they like to remain in the game as much as they can.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
memory man":35309o2z said:
I too remember Alan Crickmore from when I played in the Plymouth & District and Plymouth Combination Leagues in the late 60s early 70s. When he was allocated to referee one of your matches you knew that you had a sound no nonsense referee in charge. I think he worked in Local Government and was based in the Civic Centre. As you say he made it to the top level. I last saw him in a pub in Swansea on Tuesday 5th February 2002 the night we beat the Swans 1-0 thanks to a Blair Sturrock goal. The previous Saturday we had lost 2-0 at Luton which had Joe Kinnear crowing !!
I remember Alan telling me that night how he had refereed a match at the Veitch Field between Swansea and Brighton when they had both been in the top tier and Jimmy Case had scored for Brighton with one of his classic thunderbolts.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He worked in the council store at Beech Avenue, Cattedown and eventually moved to County Hall, Exeter as a principal officer in Devon County purchasing department. I think he now lives in Exmouth. Not seen him at Home Park in recent years.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
It was talked about on Sky sports this morning Ref watch with Dermot Gallagher, DG said Furguson would regret what he had said but thought it was a penalty.