Danny Mayor | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor

Sep 6, 2006
Jasa":1qu2zkkl said:
Ade the green":1qu2zkkl said:
As much as we all thought the world of Carey, the last two seasons he didn’t hit his stride until December, just before the January window opened. DM has almost three months to get a jump on Carey to show his worth.

This is after a change in the close season and his regular partners no longer there as back up and he needs to get that level of understanding in a new team.

Carey's first League 2 season at the club, he'd scored 5 before August was out. That's the best comparison to make regarding outputs.

They're also different players. Mayor is a superb dribbler of the ball. Carey only needed half a yard of space and could put a ball anywhere. They don't play the same style or role, so any comparison isn't fair on either.

So you make a comparison then say it isnt fair to make a comparison :crazy: Carey had many off days that people conveniently forget

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
In a pretty wild comparison it’s like Messi vs Ronaldo. Both excellent players but both very different attributes.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
When comparing goals scored it should be noted that Carey was our main pen and FK taker - Danny Mayor isn’t. To me they are different types of player anyway.

Whatever the comparisons Danny Mayor is an excellent player imo and the relationship with Macfadzean is almost telepathic at times..

May 1, 2011
Carey and Mellor are both very skilled lower league footballers, however they are both prone to off days, hence why despite their very skillful touches and obvious ability to stand out they ended up in the lower leagues If they weren't so prone to off days they'd probably have played higher division.
We are lucky to have had both of them, just like we were lucky to have had Frio.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":2ufmsgza said:
Carey and Mellor are both very skilled lower league footballers, however they are both prone to off days, hence why despite their very skillful touches and obvious ability to stand out they ended up in the lower leagues If they weren't so prone to off days they'd probably have played higher division.
We are lucky to have had both of them, just like we were lucky to have had Frio.

Mellor?! :crazy:

May 1, 2011
Balham_Green":mfe2348i said:
Bristol Rich":mfe2348i said:

Mellor?! :crazy:

Ironic typo!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I said at the time that Ryan Lowe showed his inexperience as a manager by comparing Mayor favourably to Carey before he’d even kicked a ball for Argyle. I feel sure Mayor would rather he hadn’t said it and it would have been so much better if he’d said something along the lines of, they’re different players, but Danny Mayor has the potential to be an Argyle favourite just like Graham Carey was.

Mayor is a wonderful player and causes excitement as soon as he gets the ball. I am sure that Ryan Lowe will be telling him to get into goal scoring positions and to shoot more often than he has done so far. Ive seen every home game and don’t think he’s missed many if any gilt-edged chances. He needs to be scoring ten goals a season really. Faz and Edwards have already scored more than he has.

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":3gfggsoc said:
I said at the time that Ryan Lowe showed his inexperience as a manager by comparing Mayor favourably to Carey before he’d even kicked a ball for Argyle. I feel sure Mayor would rather he hadn’t said it and it would have been so much better if he’d said something along the lines of, they’re different players, but Danny Mayor has the potential to be an Argyle favourite just like Graham Carey was.

Mayor is a wonderful player and causes excitement as soon as he gets the ball. I am sure that Ryan Lowe will be telling him to get into goal scoring positions and to shoot more often than he has done so far. Ive seen every home game and don’t think he’s missed many if any gilt-edged chances. He needs to be scoring ten goals a season really. Faz and Edwards have already scored more than he has.

I think he could be better than Carey. My one reservation is that after doing a lot of hard work beating several players he doesnt always make the final ball count.