Danny Mayor to Tranmere? | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to Tranmere?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
It’s all very well saying he’s going nowhere but none of us really know for sure and maybe those that do are suspiciously absent from this thread.

Many times before a player leaving has not played in the match prior to them being unveiled elsewhere and quite frankly, the idea he didn’t play at Stevenage because RL said he might get kicked.... well he gets kicked in every game so why does he play at all. Many times, managers will try out new formats before allowing said player to leave so they know how the team will perform after said player has gone. Recently RL has had many reasons for not playing DM whether it’s the bullies at Stevenage or not feeling well and on each occasion DM has been left out we’ve done as well as if he’d played. If he goes, we have cover now and players that can arguably be better! just less experienced.

The worry for me is that if he goes we’ll be over reliant on loan signings with which we might get automatic promotion (all’s good) or we might end up in the play offs in which case the loaners might be gone when we need them the most.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mayor not in the squad to face Crawley.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
plymouth1970":3ccc0st8 said:
Straight swop for Doyle . You heard it here first .
Would make absolute zero sense as Doyle wouldn’t be able to play for us until next season.

Hopefully it’s only a minor injury or illness and he’s not leaving.

Aug 15, 2015
Wouldn't be a big miss to be absolutely honest. Skillful as he is, he lacks something in his mentality to really succeed. There's a reason he has spent virtually his whole career in League 2. I'd rather we pick up a few quid for Mayor and look at investing in someone like Cooper, who has had a more tangible return on investment.

Mar 21, 2008
I wonder what length of contract he’s on, and whether we’d get a fee if true, bit late in the window to find some sort of replacement though

Mar 21, 2006
Rob_GT4":11ttmo9o said:
I wonder what length of contract he’s on, and whether we’d get a fee if true, bit late in the window to find some sort of replacement though

Graham Carey?..... :whistle:

Jun 27, 2019
plymouth1970":aerqmq9m said:

That'd be odd seeing as Tranmere don't even have a player called Doyle.

If you mean Eoin Doyle, then are you saying Mayor is going to Bradford? And that we've agreed to swap him with a player who isn't allowed to play for us until next season?

Sounds like great business.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":3osul287 said:
plymouth1970":3osul287 said:

If you mean Eoin Doyle, then are you saying Mayor is going to Bradford? And that we've agreed to swap him with a player who isn't allowed to play for us until next season?

Who has Doyle played for this season apart from Swindon and Bradford? I though you could play for a maximum of 3 teams.

Jun 27, 2019
GreenThing":27xpyvhe said:
WoodsyGreen":27xpyvhe said:
plymouth1970":27xpyvhe said:

Who has Doyle played for this season apart from Swindon and Bradford? I though you could play for a maximum of 3 teams.

No, it's two teams. You can sign for a third but can't play for them in the same season.

The only dispensation is if the third club plays in a league with an overlapping season - somewhere like Sweden or Russia.