Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

Jul 12, 2016
AlanMS":3h9l07ft said:
I am so pleased with this signing and look forward to Major leaving a lot of opposition players flat on their backsides as he drops his shoulder, turns and drifts past them.
However, I think we still need another combative midfielder and one who can score - someone like Hourihan
You didn't finish.Drifts past them and then loses the ball ,runs into a dead end or is afraid to shoot. If he plays for more than 45 minutes per game we are lucky.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Great news

Now it's up to other players to make use of the vast amounts of space that the double marking of Mayor creates, which they were near useless at doing last season

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Great News for people who like to watch special things happen on the pitch ! Got my first ever season ticket this year now I'm back in the west country, so this is a nice bonus.

Apr 4, 2004
I'm so chuffed about this. He's a football god in my opinion. He surely must be one of the most skillful players to ever wear the green shirt. It's a shame not everyone is able to see how valuable his contribution is. But I suppose its not supprising. Football attracts some pretty dim people. :nworthy: :scarf:

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Pleased he's signed on again... yes, would love him to score more etc etc but when he's on it, he is a joy to watch.

As an aside, just found a video on YouTube of Danny being interviewed about his career. It was filmed after his last season with Bury. Right at the beginning he was asked who he is and it sounds like he started to say he was a footballer for Plymouth before correcting himself and saying still contracted to Bury. Anyway, it's an enjoyable piece in which he comes across as a down to earth bloke with a bit of a sense of humour...

May 7, 2019
Really happy that Danny Mayor has signed a new contract. There are few players who I have enjoyed watching as much as Danny over the past 30 years or so at HP. When he is on form, he is unplayable. He has such incredible dribbling ability and balance and, with a bit more end product, would be a star in this division also. He is the sort of player that brings in crowds which the club desperately needs.

The impact that Danny has on Argyle's attacking play is severely underrated. Is there a stat for the assister of the assister? The number of times that Danny draws in opposition defenders (plural) to create room for other players to assist or score goals cannot be underestimated.

Whenever I look at other fans' posts and comments, more often than not, the one player that they would like sign from Argyle is Danny Mayor. He is admired by fans up and down the country for his exciting play. Can't wait to see DM turning defenders inside-out under the floodlights this season - the game against Salford at HP is one of my favourite Argyle memories in recent times.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
oldage":21hfsb5s said:
Cobi Budge":21hfsb5s said:
I'm at a bit of a loss as to how any Argyle fan could see this as being anything other than good news.
Don't you read any of my posts :banghead:

In the same way that Users are allowed to read your posts, they are also allowed to disagree and ignore them too.

The banging head against the wall emoji is uncalled for.

Jul 12, 2016
ming the merciless said:
I'm so chuffed about this. He's a football god in my opinion. He surely must be one of the most skillful players to ever wear the green shirt. It's a shame not everyone is able to see how valuable his contribution is. But I suppose its not supprising. Football attracts some pretty dim people. :nworthy: :scarf:
Talk about OTT.I can only assume you are relatively young to come up with such a ridiculous statement.One of the most
skillful players to ever wear a green shirt? And you are suggest ing others are dim :funny:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":1hzr5rik said:
ming the merciless":1hzr5rik said:
Talk about OTT.I can only assume you are relatively young to come up with such a ridiculous statement.One of the most
skillful players to ever wear a green shirt? And you are suggest ing others are dim :funny:
Does it ever occur to you to think that, maybe, you are wrong about Mayor?
I wonder what you will be saying, if next season, we recruit a more balanced midfield and Danny scores a few more goals and provides a few more direct assists like he did in his last season at Bury.
Still, you don’t rate RL either so I guess you would blame him for not realising that was needed.
By the way, this ‘vast majority’ that you mentioned were coming around to your opinion are keeping very quiet since he re-signed.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oldage":1zwvduyb said:
ming the merciless":1zwvduyb said:

A number of times people have asked you who you would have signed instead from the vast number of players you have identified from you think are better. They deserve an answer even if it is "i don't know".

I repeat it here as you may well be blocking a number of posters who you disagree with the views of and may have missed the questions posed.

It is fine having a different view but I think its fair that the debate continues beyond the playground response of "i dont think, and everyone agrees with me" which seems to be where we are with you on the topic of Mayor.

Jul 12, 2016
Mark Pedlar":6aq0rb9l said:
oldage":6aq0rb9l said:
ming the merciless":6aq0rb9l said:

A number of times people have asked you who you would have signed instead from the vast number of players you have identified from you think are better. They deserve an answer even if it is "i don't know".

I repeat it here as you may well be blocking a number of posters who you disagree with the views of and may have missed the questions posed.

It is fine having a different view but I think its fair that the debate continues beyond the playground response of "i dont think, and everyone agrees with me" which seems to be where we are with you on the topic of Mayor.
There are 23 other teams in the division who have a player in Mayor's position. Despite the euphoria surrounding him 17 of these teams finished above us without Mayor pulling the strings from midfield.He is a good player but has flattered to deceive since we signed him.IMO we would not miss him because he is a luxury and unbalances the team but he plays for Argyle so will support him in the hope he can only improve.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
oldage":1595ayob said:
Mark Pedlar":1595ayob said:
oldage":1595ayob said:
ming the merciless":1595ayob said:

There are 23 other teams in the division who have a player in Mayor's position. Despite the euphoria surrounding him 17 of these teams finished above us without Mayor pulling the strings from midfield.He is a good player but has flattered to deceive since we signed him.IMO we would not miss him because he is a luxury and unbalances the team but he plays for Argyle so will support him in the hope he can only improve.
So there are 17 goalkeepers better than Michael Cooper in League 1??

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
oldage":1qb2vavz said:
Mark Pedlar":1qb2vavz said:
oldage":1qb2vavz said:
ming the merciless":1qb2vavz said:

Do you miss me?
Come out for a coffee and a chat about Argyle!

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
davie nine":10vanksj said:
I wonder what you will be saying, if next season, we recruit a more balanced midfield and Danny scores a few more goals and provides a few more direct assists like he did in his last season at Bury.
Still, you don’t rate RL either so I guess you would blame him for not realising that was needed.
By the way, this ‘vast majority’ that you mentioned were coming around to your opinion are keeping very quiet since he re-signed.

As another of the Mayor-sceptics, let me say that, as he has re-signed, I will be roaring him on passionately every time he pulls the shirt on, every time he goes past a player, every time he does that little bit of magic to create an opening for the side. I desperately want him to succeed and take us on. And now that the deal is done, for me, so's my criticism of him up until we're into the season proper again. Each and every one of the squad, whether new signings, re-signings or those with ongoing contracts deserve a clean sheet (pardon the pun) for the new season - and so does RL.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
East End Green":1xuv5bu1 said:
davie nine":1xuv5bu1 said:

As another of the Mayor-sceptics, let me say that, as he has re-signed, I will be roaring him on passionately every time he pulls the shirt on, every time he goes past a player, every time he does that little bit of magic to create an opening for the side. I desperately want him to succeed and take us on. And now that the deal is done, for me, so's my criticism of him up until we're into the season proper again. Each and every one of the squad, whether new signings, re-signings or those with ongoing contracts deserve a clean sheet (pardon the pun) for the new season - and so does RL.
No problem at all with that.