Dan Scarr | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dan Scarr

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
Yep, I've been a big critic largely because he's struggled with the ball at his feet under pressure.

However tonight was different. There was a couple times in the first half where he didn't have an option but remained calm and patient.

Excellent performance and well deserved his accolade.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Probably the same reason lots of posters on here couldn't see it. Go back to the QPR away game thread and you will see nothing but criticism.
Be that as it may but that was a shocking ref decision that got him sent off that night, at least that's how I always saw it.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Probably the same reason lots of posters on here couldn't see it. Go back to the QPR away game thread and you will see nothing but criticism.
In fairness, that was a honking challenge and deserved a red.

I love Dan Scarr. He’s not perfect but when you’re up against it as we were in the run in last seasons dn we are now there is no one else you’d rather have. Almost a throwback to a Luggy player from 20 years ago.

I do believe that, when we establish an attacking style and playing out from the back he may start to fall by the wayside but we are a good few years from being able to dominate most sides in the division so he’s got a long time as a starter ahead of him.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Yep, I've been a big critic largely because he's struggled with the ball at his feet under pressure.

However tonight was different. There was a couple times in the first half where he didn't have an option but remained calm and patient.

Excellent performance and well deserved his accolade.
There were also a couple of occasions of "when in doubt...row z". And beautifully executed as well.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Simple! Dan Scarr is the man you’d want next to you in the trenches!
Similar to when Sir A Ramsey picked Jackie Charlton and was criticised. There were better players and some didn’t think JC was good enough, but there are other characteristics to take into account sometimes.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Some of the criticism of Scarr was fairly warranted. He struggled in the 4.

As the central CB in a 3 he's superb.

It's almost as if, if you play to your squads strengths, you have a better chance of winning. Weird 🤷‍♂️
Absolutely. When we signed him from Walsall a lot of their fans didn't rate him but he'd been playing in a back four for them. In the middle of a back three where he belongs he's been brilliant for us.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Some of the criticism of Scarr was fairly warranted. He struggled in the 4.

As the central CB in a 3 he's superb.

It's almost as if, if you play to your squads strengths, you have a better chance of winning. Weird 🤷‍♂️

Spot on. Scarr - a bit like Sonny Bradley - has this leader/warrior feel about him. Someone who would punch through walls and you’d follow him.

But he does need players around him and I thought the combination of the more mobile Galloway - and Pleggy, who also played well - was a masterstroke. Dropping Gibson would have been a surprise to many - including me - but was absolutely the right thing to do last night.

We have a nice problem at left CB at the moment, more challenging at right CB I think.

Sep 7, 2006
I was one that criticised Dan and am delighted to be proved wrong, man mountain last few games.
Whatever his shortcomings are he makes up for in heart and sure bloody minded will so hats off to him and long May it continue.

As long as he does not play in a four again…..

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
In fairness, that was a honking challenge and deserved a red.

I love Dan Scarr. He’s not perfect but when you’re up against it as we were in the run in last seasons dn we are now there is no one else you’d rather have. Almost a throwback to a Luggy player from 20 years ago.

I do believe that, when we establish an attacking style and playing out from the back he may start to fall by the wayside but we are a good few years from being able to dominate most sides in the division so he’s got a long time as a starter ahead of him.
It was a brave call to play him after such a long break and I was one of the doubters. But apart from an early heart-stopping moment he has been superb.