Crawley match day thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley match day thread

Aug 12, 2018
Tugboat":3tgjt49v said:
TruroTerry":3tgjt49v said:
The worrying factor in the results downturn is that after 9 games we are 9 points behind Exeter F’ City.

We lose to Port Vale and three days later they beat Port Vale.

There next 6 games before we go to there are against 4 of the top 8. So it ain’t over yet :cool:

But worrying times with over 20% of the season gone :banghead:

September and it’s worrying times?

Let’s see where we are when we play away at Exeter on Oct 26th - over a third of the season will have elapsed by then. Would you still accept a 9 point gap at the final whistle there ? I would say our next 6 games are a lot easier than theirs. If we can’t beat Cheltenham a home we might as well give up. I’m old enough to remember as a Southern League team :banghead:

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
TruroTerry":32fh5o2n said:
Tugboat":32fh5o2n said:
TruroTerry":32fh5o2n said:
The worrying factor in the results downturn is that after 9 games we are 9 points behind Exeter F’ City.

There next 6 games before we go to there are against 4 of the top 8. So it ain’t over yet :cool:

Let’s see where we are when we play away at Exeter on Oct 26th - over a third of the season will have elapsed by then. Would you still accept a 9 point gap at the final whistle there ? I would say our next 6 games are a lot easier than theirs. If we can’t beat Cheltenham a home we might as well give up. I’m old enough to remember as a Southern League team :banghead:

Cheltenham have had a very good start and currently sit 3rd. They also beat Bradford the other night.

There are no easy games in this division. Anyone can beat anyone on the day.

Dec 3, 2005
LeonTheGreen":1ccdok3x said:
TruroTerry":1ccdok3x said:
Tugboat":1ccdok3x said:
TruroTerry":1ccdok3x said:

Cheltenham have had a very good start and currently sit 3rd. They also beat Bradford the other night.

There are no easy games in this division. Anyone can beat anyone on the day.

They may well have been in the Southern League many years ago - BUT they are now in the same League as Argyle.
It's where they are NOW not where they were in the past, that as NO bearing on the game on Saturday.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Sorry to 'hijack' the thread but I guess the Crawley game is gone now anyway.

'Let’s see where we are when we play away at Exeter on Oct 26th - over a third of the season will have elapsed by then. Would you still accept a 9 point gap at the final whistle there ? I would say our next 6 games are a lot easier than theirs. If we can’t beat Cheltenham a home we might as well give up. I’m old enough to remember as a Southern League team :banghead:'

I won't be happy if Exeter finish 9 points above us but my main goal this season is to see us finish (at least) 9 points above the team that goes out of the EFL!

I'm happy for Lowey to rebuild, only seen one game and enjoyed it. Mayor turns more slickly than Michael Gove supporting today's Tory policy.

Anyway: as to Cheltenham.

Blackpool, Bolton, Forest, Coventry, Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Wigan - all won the FA Cup in my lifetime.
Preston, Brum, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall - all played in a FA Cup final in my lifetime.
Going through the list I had to 'edit out' the likes of ( ;) ) Burnley, Brighton, Watford, Cardiff who were all lower league teams when I started watching Argyle.

History is history. Hence the name. Thje Cheltenham team we need to concentrate on is the one we play on Saturday, let's beat them then!! :scarf: