Crawley match day thread | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley match day thread

Dec 3, 2005
Improvement on last game - by the sound of it - a point away from home.

Shame we gave away a penalty - but we didnt lose the game.

Two goals for Edwards :)

Roll on Saturday :scarf:

Shame about them up the road :(

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
‪Leaving the ground extremely frustrated with a single point. Performance was largely very good & back to the standards set earlier in the season. 2 avoidable goals however. Hopefully we can build on this as there were plenty of positives.

Jun 27, 2019
Disappointing not to see it out but sounds like a very good performance. Their keeper was MoM, which says it all really.

Hopefully that's the turning point.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Really good performance. Sloppy mistakes cost us in the end and Crawley’s goalkeeper having a stormer prevented us from getting all 3 points.

Onwards to Saturday.

Aug 11, 2013
I watched the game on iplayer and that’s as good as an away performance you could possibly get. Outstanding display.

Feel sorry for Macfadzean as he had a terrific game . I shouted at the telly ‘don’t dive in’ but he didn’t hear me and 2 points were lost.

So deserved to win that.

Despite the two goals I thought the defence looked much much better. Need to be a bit cleverer seeing games out.

On to Saturday and feeling a lot more positive.

Mar 8, 2016
We just let teams score far too easily. They don’t have to work hard for their goals at all. We absolutely battered Crawley for most of that match, really good football. Roll on Saturday.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Bury went up last season because of players like Jay O’Shea, Nicky Maynard, Jordan Rossiter and Nicky Adams.

I think we are lacking that bit of quality those players brought to Bury’s first 11. We have a lot of forwards but it’s clear none of them are natural goal scorers.

Sounds like an improvement tonight, but we must start taking our chances and keep focused at the back. The sloppiness is what’s costing us.

Apr 5, 2008
So disappointing,played well to come back then we seemed to switch off and they were the better team after they equalised.

Their keeper pulled off one outstanding save,and we had most of the possession till the last few minutes.

Just can't seem to hold onto a lead for long,they were hardly in the match ,yet we score twice to take the lead
then
they hardly have to work to get the equaliser.Very frustrating evening in the end
:sad:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sounds like a good performance from the boys and very unlucky not to win. The stats tell the story of the match, but of course we have to cut out the unforced errors at the back. Good turn out from the Green Army as well. Looking forward to the game against Cheltenham on Saturday and hopefully extending the unbeaten home record. Don’t worry about the team in 1st place at the moment. We all know they will blow it.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Hopefully the injuries aren’t serious.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
LeonTheGreen":145k4yow said:
Bury went up last season because of players like Jay O’Shea, Nicky Maynard, Jordan Rossiter and Nicky Adams.

We just don’t have the quality of those players in this squad unfortunately. Play offs for me will be a good achievement. We clearly lack a goal scorer. Maynard was that for Bury.

Was really hoping we would get Maynard and or O’Shea, but it wasn’t to be. I think the likes of Telford will get his chance to show if he can step up, but if not hopefully we will sign someone in January if we are around the play offs. It does look like this squad is 2 or 3 players short of a promotion challenging side, but it’s early days.