Could we survive in the BSP? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could we survive in the BSP?

Sep 6, 2006
Graham Evans":3ghv1ob0 said:
I do not think we will survive in the Bsp with Carl Fletcher in charge , nor do i think we will survive in the next league down.

Now you are just getting silly!

Sep 6, 2006
RedGreen":2l7p5st2 said:
After watching Alfreton town in the FA cup yesterday, the pace, speed and fitness; the skills and attempts on goal were far and away better than anything i have seen at Home Park this season, if we don't manage to stay in the FL this year and i don't believe we will with the current set-up, i fear it would be curtains for us in the BSP too!

I had similar feelings actually. They hit the woodwork 4 times against an in form Orient side. No way are we capable of that.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Why's everyone taking one game from one team to be a reflection of the BSP? Not as if lower league sides ever step up their game in cup ties against big opposition.

G

Greenskin

GreenSam":r5riepcj said:
Why's everyone taking one game from one team to be a reflection of the BSP? Not as if lower league sides ever step up their game in cup ties against big opposition.

I guess a more accurate yardstick to measure the strength of the BSP against league 2 is that teams who get relegated into it seldom come straight back up again.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Greenskin":1k499u41 said:
GreenSam":1k499u41 said:

I guess a more accurate yardstick to measure the strength of the BSP against league 2 is that teams who get relegated into it seldom come straight back up again.
I agree, I think that's fair. The bigger teams budgetary wise (which we certainly would be) like Luton, Oxford and Exeter (and I actually think we'd have more to spend than any of those three) have always been there or thereabouts at the top though, even if does take them 4/5 years to come back up. If we went down (which I still don't think we will on the whole) then this would surely, SURELY to God be where we finally bottomed out.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Would we survive? Yes, but we certainly wouldn't be pushing for promotion straight away.. If we went down I can't see us making a return for 3 seasons at the very least.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
We wouldn't get out of it if we went down. Hereford finished 1 pt behind us last season, they're midtable down there now. But we wouldn't get relegated in that league with this team, infact we won't get relegated this season with this team.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I thought we had a chance of escaping the right way out of L2. Now we're are sliding down the table and debating if we could SURVIVE in the BSP.

So it seems that Argyle are yet to hit rock bottom. And after all that the club has been through over the past 5 years, I find it utterly unacceptable that we are unable to stabilise the club.

It's gone way past being a joke, its now quickly becoming very very worrying.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
This is rock bottom Tugboat, but Brent seemingly refuses to acknowledge it and get an experienced management team in to resuscitate this club. Fletch has negotiated himself a series of good managerial deals on the weight of his old playing contract, but Fletch himself has signed some players on bad contracts such as Purse and Chadwick. Now he's blaming inexperience for it and requesting a DOF, whereas a good manager in the first place would have avoided all this mess. We need to sort this circus out before we do fall through the trapdoor and discover new lows for a club with over 125 years of proud tradition.